SOLVED El Sol no sound

drgonzo1969

Ive been trying to troubleshoot this El Sol PCB. The LED lights up when the effect is on but no signal. I get signal when the pedal is bypassed. Here are some photos of the pcb. The IC's are LM386N

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    810 KB · Views: 41
  • Image (1).jpeg
    Image (1).jpeg
    572.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Image (2).jpeg
    Image (2).jpeg
    598.9 KB · Views: 38
Everything looks correct on first inspection (although I am no expert either). One stupid question, I assume you double checked that you had the input and output the right way around when you tested it? It sounds like yes since you said you've been troubleshooting it for a bit, but that's an easy mistake to make with unboxed stuff.

I gave it a good scrub with brush and rubbing alcohol and reflowed all the solder points. still no signal. i got the multimeter out and this is what i got on the ic's.

Pin 1 - 0.74v pin 8 - 0.46v
pin 2 - 4.22v pin 7 - 0v
pin 3 - 8.94v pin 6 - 0.12v
pin 4 - 8.3v pin 5 - 0v

Your pin 4 has 8.3v and it should be 0v as it’s GND. Also you have 0.12v on pin 6 which should be your positive supply.

Your wiring to your power jack is reverse. Swap these and test again. This should fix it if all is well.

4D57D5AB-7B3B-4ECC-A09C-163B8C0968DB.jpeg

I gave it a good scrub with brush and rubbing alcohol and reflowed all the solder points. still no signal. i got the multimeter out and this is what i got on the ic's.

Pin 1 - 0.74v pin 8 - 0.46v
pin 2 - 4.22v pin 7 - 0v
pin 3 - 8.94v pin 6 - 0.12v
pin 4 - 8.3v pin 5 - 0v
Is this your numbering order as your voltages are way off:
Op Amp Direction.jpg

Last edited:
Ya that is the order i read the pins. Double checked resistor and cap values. but still cant figure out why im getting those funny readings

Last edited:
Back