Electrovibe Build Report

swelchy

Finished this Gem up with a stompboxparts matte pink enclosure and pedalpcb faceplate… Absolute joy to build and everything fit perfect… Populated everything this weekend then realized I was 4 transistors short… Dooh… Had to make an order for a few doodads and get them on the way to finish it… Took a little fiddling to find a good sweet spot in the trims but I got it sounding pretty good… going to keep fiddling with it until I’m happy
IMG_3981.jpeg IMG_3980.jpeg

Out of curiousity where would you say you ended up with your trimmers roughly? I have been fiddling with them for months now on my build and can’t get happy with it.

Out of curiousity where would you say you ended up with your trimmers roughly? I have been fiddling with them for months now on my build and can’t get happy with it.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dk+pedals+electrovibeCheck out jjjimi84's build he has a good take on biasing it ... that will really depend on which LDR and the distance you have them from bulb. but for the most part I dialed mine similar to his... bulb barely on and try to get it to have a good balace of brite and cut off on the bulb.

Last edited:
@swelchy this thing is very pretty! I love the pink! @Locrian99 this pedal is best doing a bit of experimenting to get the sound you like.

Yea I’ve been playing with it for awhile. Finally got a looper and just played with screw drivers. Slower speeds I just feel like it should be a more drastic effect is all, top speed it’s exactly what I’d expect. I think my expectations might be off. Sorry swelchy wasn’t trying to hijack

@swelchy Awesome build ! I've just finished a Photon Vibe for a friend an now I'm gonna build a univibe for me :D Could please give me the exact reference of the large red rocker switch on tayda ? Can't seem to find it.. Thanks

@swelchy Can I ask you one last thing about that toggle switch if you mind ? What was the size of the square hole to install it ? Did you follow the ref from the drilling template from pedalpcb instructions or did you cut it based on the datasheet of the toggle switch ? I'm considering having my enclosure drilled and painted from Tayda directly. Thanks :)

@swelchy Can I ask you one last thing about that toggle switch if you mind ? What was the size of the square hole to install it ? Did you follow the ref from the drilling template from pedalpcb instructions or did you cut it based on the datasheet of the toggle switch ? I'm considering having my enclosure drilled and painted from Tayda directly. Thanks :)
I used the drill template and a small bastard file to square it up! Took maybe 5 minutes of filing by hand

Back