DEMO EQUILUX BUILD. Yes yes yes.

This post contains an audio or video demo

Dan0h

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Ok, so this thing lives up to the hype in every aspect.

Literally can not imagine playing my rig again without it. The life it breathes into the signal is not even explainable. The ability to literally carve out the junk and sculpt the ideal frequencies feels like magic but I guess it’s what all the big studios have had this entire time. Being able to dial it in physically in real-time in pedal format without plugins is breathtaking. I’m very happy with this thing. It makes playing even more fun. And it works at low volume which is key for me having a little one running around.

Super easy build if you have all the parts. The XX size isn’t even that big of a deal since this thing sounds so great. I drilled mine before the drill doc was available and am very happy with it. The FS is a bit tight but it all fit and works. The jewel is cool but it sorta feels like a clown nose and draws a lot of attention to itself now that it’s done. Glad I made a jewel pedal but will revert back to the led next build.

This is the first pedal that I wish I had the decal skills as white lettering and numbers would be really cool. I might just wait for the faceplate to show up in the store.

I will try to grab a before & after audio sample on a few of my pedals tomorrow. It is so drastic but yet subtle at the same time. You guys that have one will love it when you finish it.

Cheers to @Robert for doing a Spaceman board!

Edit- Audio sample on comment #26
260156AF-0264-45C2-9A94-375DCE123897.jpeg EA6753E4-F768-47F0-AA75-8439DF31A15E.jpeg 573F571D-63C7-4E8F-9A09-396803807F3D.jpeg D6986827-DB45-4448-8166-529F048247FB.jpeg

Last edited:
Dang man I need to get on this! What an awesome pedal! I love the choice to add that big jewel in there! Really cool build I’m looking forward to a demo of it!

Ugh….my wishlist keeps growing. I wasn’t even remotely interested in a “Pultec in a box” pedal…..still not sure I am but I’m feeling a strong urge to build one and find out…..heh…too many dang 1590xx builds….

Edit: forgot to add, Awesome build dude!! Definitely would like to hear a demo of how it impacts your signal chain

Ugh….my wishlist keeps growing. I wasn’t even remotely interested in a “Pultec in a box” pedal…..still not sure I am but I’m feeling a strong urge to build one and find out…..heh…too many dang 1590xx builds….

Edit: forgot to add, Awesome build dude!! Definitely would like to hear a demo of how it impacts your signal chain

Yeah, I picked one up but I'm afraid to build it. What if I like it and find it essential, what then? I'd have to ditch 2 dirt pedals to make room on my pedalboard.

Yeah, I picked one up but I'm afraid to build it. What if I like it and find it essential, what then? I'd have to ditch 2 dirt pedals to make room on my pedalboard.
I’m making a second mini pedalboard for the 2 or 3 always on pedals. Just something to maybe sit on top of my cab.

I've been interested in a rack pultec build for a bit. Something like the gyraf one, maybe someday

I miss having rack gear. Can’t really justify them anymore for my situation but I had some good ones. I’ve looked at the diy ones many times but it always comes back to they wouldn’t get used much these days. I do like the rack you have posted about in the past. Looks awesome. Bet it sounds amazing too.

Alright dudes, turns out my iPhone isn’t really able to “hear” the difference of with and without this pedal. It is subtle, but very noticeable in the room as I play. Not sure if my phone is auto compensating or compressing but I’ve listened to the last 20 minutes of riffs and can barely tell a difference on the recording.
Looks like I’ll have to break out the real mics and that’s not going to happen today. Sorry to disappoint, no dice on audio samples.

Check out the YouTubes for some samples.

Back