Equilux

enrosenzweig

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I managed to finish this up on Friday, but didn't post it do to a lack of time and being convinced something was wrong with with the high cut. Turns it out it is working perfectly, I just have no idea how to use an EQ pedal :rolleyes:. Once I tried out the suggested settings on Spaceman site, it came alive! Subtle, yet powerful!

The physical PCB is huge, but has relatively few components for such a large space. The build itself was very smooth and enjoyable. It took me much longer than hoped due to time constraints, but taking it slow is not a bad thing! The aesthetics of the layout are really beautiful. It the past it would have bothered me to have caps of various colors, but I went with it this take since I had them and they tested in spec. Once I had caps of assorted colors, I decided to go even further and put some pink paint on the charge pump IC. I noticed some of the Spaceman effects have painted ICs and took that as my inspiration. I'm assuming that Spaceman does it as a "kinder" way of gooping and not purely for artistic reasons. Either way, I'm obviously not hiding anything, just liked the look.

The only hang up that took place was a small scratch I made clipping the LED leads. I'm not sure how I even managed that. I've never done that before! I thought the options were to leave it or breakout some more of the paints...so, out came the orange...(I am hiding something this time).

I've been working on decal ideas, but haven't been thrilled with my results. So, for now, the front will be blank :(.

Thanks again to @Dan0h for the ferrite beads!

EDIT (1/14/2023): Finally put a waterslide decal with clear coat on the enclosure. Not perfect, but I'm going to leave it be. I'd much rather have it plugged in!

EQ1.jpg

EQ2.jpg
EQ4.jpg EQ3.jpg EQdraft.jpg IMG_9982.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, super clean.

It is a very subtle pedal but at the same time makes a huge impact once you get it dialed in. I sorta want to go through and measure all my settings and then bread board a version that would fit in a regular sized enclosure with just a couple knobs no rotarys. I feel like the settings I have currently wont ever change for my guitar so it would be cool to just have "that" setting locked in for the pedal board and keep this big version for recording bass as I feel like it would come in very handy for that.

I dig your name plate.

Nice, super clean.

It is a very subtle pedal but at the same time makes a huge impact once you get it dialed in. I sorta want to go through and measure all my settings and then bread board a version that would fit in a regular sized enclosure with just a couple knobs no rotarys. I feel like the settings I have currently wont ever change for my guitar so it would be cool to just have "that" setting locked in for the pedal board and keep this big version for recording bass as I feel like it would come in very handy for that.

I dig your name plate.
That's an awesome idea! What about using an internal DIP switch(es) to retain some flexibility? An added bonus of dropping the rotary switches is that it sounds like they're worth dropping based on this thread.

Thanks!

I didn't realize there were issues with the rotary switches. I'm pretty sure mine all do what they are suppose to.
It sounded like @Robert went through and checked all of the ones he's selling. If that's the case and you bought them through PedalPCB, they've been vetted. I have no idea if the same applies to switches from other vendors.

i just finished mine today. it sounds just like my original Spaceman Equinox. i use a pedal PCB latching relayed bypass in mine. it does have a clicking/popping sound when going in and out of bypass though. here's a couple of pics of it:

Equilux-001.jpg

UPDATE:
i replaced the pedalPCB non latching relay bypass circuit with a MAS effects one with the opto coupler and the clicking/popping when activating & bypassing it's more than 10X quieter.

Equilux-002-2.jpg

and here's a pic of my original:

Spaceman Equinox-001.jpg

Last edited:
i just finished mine today. it sounds just like my original Spaceman Equinox. i use a pedal PCB latching relayed bypass in mine. it does have a clicking/popping sound when going in and out of bypass though. here's a couple of pics of it:

View attachment 39188

View attachment 39187

and here's pic of my original:

View attachment 39189
Glad to have a second confirmation that it sounds exact. Looks awesome too. Is that the Stompboxparts enclosure too?
👍🏼
👍🏼

PS. Are you going to sell your original now or keep it? I have ended up selling off almost all my commercial pedals once I build their equivalents.

Glad to have a second confirmation that it sounds exact. Looks awesome too. Is that the Stompboxparts enclosure too?
👍🏼
👍🏼

PS. Are you going to sell your original now or keep it? I have ended up selling off almost all my commercial pedals once I build their equivalents.

i'm not sure which one that i'm going to sell yet.
i bought the enclosure from Tayda.

Last edited:
by the way, the pedal PCB relayed bypass was popping a bit too loudly so i replaced it with one form MAS effects with the opto-coupler and it's 10X quieter when switching the active/bypass switch.

Last edited:
The only thing worse than someone hijacking your build report is when someone hijacks your build report for their build report…. Of the exact same pedal…🤣…. I’m gonna start doing that.🤣🤣🤣
So you're saying it'd be okay to hijack a build thread with your own build so long as it's a different circuit than that of the hijacked thread?

So you're saying it'd be okay to hijack a build thread with your own build so long as it's a different circuit than that of the hijacked thread?
That would make it easier but then that just wouldn’t be as funny. 🤷🏻
well, enrosenzweig didn't seem to mind.
and i didn't see as a hijack. i'm sorry if it offended you.
I was just messing around… l had a similar conversation with @MichaelW I guess the same answer applies here as well….
“It’s all good man, you do you boo, there are only a few ways to offend my senses and you don’t seem like the type to make fun of handicapped kids or used black tape in a build.”🤣.

Never take anything I say seriously…. I’m just a 🤡 having way to much fun.

Quick question- are the rotary switches meant to be oriented a certain way? I just put the 1 in the same place for all three. Hoping that’s ok!!

Back