Feature request: PCB search by number feature

chris.knudson

@Robert Any chance you could add a feature to either the forum or the PedalPCB web site that let's us search for PCBs by the PCB number (if this capability already exists, I apologize for my ignorance). I have a box full of PCBs, and I don't have an easy way to figure out which board is which. I usually end up pulling up the image of the board from the PedalPCB web site and start rummaging through my box to find one that looks like that.

I'm curious why the name isn't printed somewhere on the board?

Because they usually haven't been named yet when the layout is done and the first batch is ordered. Coming up with a name is usually the last step.

I've been adding the names on the back of the newest restocks:
1707937481581.png

There are exceptions, but I'm really not a fan of a bunch of clutter (stylish fonts, gaudy clip art, etc) thrown on the front of the PCB. I've even been removing the PedalPCB logo from some, just because it's really unnecessary.

Because they usually haven't been named yet when the layout is done and the first batch is ordered. Coming up with a name is usually the last step.

View attachment 68468

There are exceptions, but I'm really not a fan of a bunch of clutter (stylish fonts, gaudy clip art, etc) thrown on the front of the PCB. I've even been removing the PedalPCB logo from some, just because it's really unnecessary.
Excellent 🏆⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View attachment 68468

Until you find a PCB and have no idea where it came from. Fortunately, the value are printed on the PCB. 😁

View attachment 68468

Makes sense, and it wouldn’t be a great idea to slap the name of the “pedal that the board may or may not sound like” on it, unless you like working with attorneys

AionFX must have great attorneys!
I thought Aion had space names for theirs (“andromeda” etc). Didn’t realize they put “Boss DS1” or “Klon Centaur” etc on the physical PCB itself. That’s a suit waiting to happen if they are

I thought Aion had space names for theirs (“andromeda” etc). Didn’t realize they put “Boss DS1” or “Klon Centaur” etc on the physical PCB itself. That’s a suit waiting to happen if they are
Aion(Kevin) doesn’t do that. Not that I’ve ever seen. I don’t imagine he would be in business very long if he did. He’s a standup guy, so there’s that.

Aion(Kevin) doesn’t do that. Not that I’ve ever seen. I don’t imagine he would be in business very long if he did. He’s a standup guy, so there’s that.
Maybe his shipping ogre is doing it. It’s on every board I’ve ever built from AionFX. I’m sure I’ve built half his catalog by now. Not nearly as much as I’ve built from PedalPCB, of course:)

Attachments

• IMG_8839.jpeg
    IMG_8839.jpeg
    565.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8838.jpeg
    IMG_8838.jpeg
    469.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8837.jpeg
    IMG_8837.jpeg
    547.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8836.jpeg
    IMG_8836.jpeg