Flock Harmonizing Fuzz (Swarm Fuzz)

Cybercow

Beetronics has been making some interesting pedals for years. An daw that Robert has been producing some nice replicas of them in PCB form, I thought to take shot at his rendition of the Beetronics "Swarm" - the Flock Harmonizing Fuzz. The range and depth of controls of this thing are amazing.

Anyway, here is my photo-journal of my "Swarm Fuzz" . . . .

Flock_Fuzz_Done.jpg Flock_Fuzz_Gutshot_Done_01.jpg Flock_Fuzz_Pot-Shafts_01.jpg Flock_Fuzz_PCB_01.jpg Flock_Fuzz_Pot-Shafts_00.jpg Flock_Fuzz_PCB_00.jpg

For those wondering "Why the washers on the pot shoulder?" - those are there to keep the pot shafts from protruding so far above the enclosure top, leaving an unaesthetic gap between the bottom of the knobs and the enclosure top surface. And if you choose to build one one these, it’s best to wait until your enclosure is drilled BEFORE soldering the 8-way rotary daughterboard and all the pots and rotary switch are mounted to the enclosure so things line up as best as possible.

I elected to use a 1590JBK enclosure to keep the stompswitch further away from the knobs and had the good folks at AmplifyFun do the graphics painting from the artwork I submitted. Spencer does a great job at very reasonable prices.

Definitely a fun build and even more fun to play.

Last edited:
Back