Foxx Tone Machine

almondcity

I really like this one. I believe the transistors are Amperex A104 from SB, D9E and D9K diodes and 15n cap instead of the 3n one, though I may change it to 10n in the future. The octave up is so insanely strong on this it's almost unusable. I had an issue with the outie jack and had to super glue it, the quality of these ones from Tayda are not very good. The tone control on this seems much more usable than a standard BMP one

Attachments

• 20220410_224451.jpg
    20220410_224451.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 34
  • 20220410_224353.jpg
    20220410_224353.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
Quick, go play Evil by Cactus (though that was an Ampeg Scrambler)!

Did you match the Ge diodes? I read it makes the octave even stronger.
I modded mine with a 3 way switch for 3n, 12n and 15n caps. I only use the 15n cap, it's too scooped to be usable otherwise. For me of course.

Quick, go play Evil by Cactus (though that was an Ampeg Scrambler)!

Did you match the Ge diodes? I read it makes the octave even stronger.
I modded mine with a 3 way switch for 3n, 12n and 15n caps. I only use the 15n cap, it's too scooped to be usable otherwise. For me of course.
Yes I did match them as closely as possible

Looks awesome! Anyone know which two diodes are responsible for the octave? Is it D1 & D4? Looks like D2 & D3 go straight to ground (assuming those are the clipping diodes).

Looks awesome! Anyone know which two diodes are responsible for the octave? Is it D1 & D4? Looks like D2 & D3 go straight to ground (assuming those are the clipping diodes).
I believe it is D1 & D4...I assume the others are clipping prior to the tone stage. Take my response with a grain of salt though ;)

Edit: Well, THAT and the fact SW1 is adjacent to D1 & D4 in the schematic :ROFLMAO:

I believe it is D1 & D4...I assume the others are clipping prior to the tone stage. Take my response with a grain of salt though ;)

Edit: Well, THAT and the fact SW1 is adjacent to D1 & D4 in the schematic :ROFLMAO:
Right. Thank you good sir! :)

Back