Free The Tone String Slinger

From their website:
"FREE THE TONE Custom Knobs: We developed a custom turned brass knob to reduce vibrations in the shaft and wiper of the semi-fixed resistor used for each control and suppress harmonic components that might adversely affect sound."
And:
"Casing Design*: All of the parameters of a case -dimensions and plate thickness of the case – affect overdrive sound. We employed the best size case for our Integrated Series to provide the ideal sound. Its weight has also been optimized to deliver the best sound."

I'm lost. All those things I didn't consider all along, how could I.

I forgot all about their hilarious claims. Reading the stuff on their site again just gave my eyeballs ulcers— just five minutes of the page for the SS-1V exceeded my monthly capacity for bullshit to such an extent that I may never recover.
I can’t believe they have actually published that! What a load of BS. The problem is that people will believe this shit as well.

From their website:
"FREE THE TONE Custom Knobs: We developed a custom turned brass knob to reduce vibrations in the shaft and wiper of the semi-fixed resistor used for each control and suppress harmonic components that might adversely affect sound."
And:
"Casing Design*: All of the parameters of a case -dimensions and plate thickness of the case – affect overdrive sound. We employed the best size case for our Integrated Series to provide the ideal sound. Its weight has also been optimized to deliver the best sound."

I'm lost. All those things I didn't consider all along, how could I.
Jeeeez… at least the EAE guys layout tirade made sense logically even if likely a marginal benefit

The Beatles song For the Benefit of Mr. Kite used lyrics from text on an old circus poster. The FTT seems to be cut from the same cloth:

For the benefit of Mr. Kite
There will be a show tonight on trampoline
The Hendersons will all be there
Late of Pablo Fanques Fair-what a scene
Over men and horses hoops and garters
Lastly through a hogshead of real fire!
In this way Mr. K. will challenge the world!

Nothing like the Vertex.

It'd be closer to the NuX, but only in the sense that it's opamp based and has a soft clipping stage... the NuX is a Tube Screamer, this is a little different.

It's a decent overdrive once you get past all the wild hype/claims.

I feel like all that stuff they write on the site may be them just messing with us? Could it be? Or are they serious?!?

edit: I read it again and they seem serious. Or maybe it’s a whole marketing scheme and they are laughing at people who buys it?

Last edited:
Back