DEMO Fuchsia Fuzz (BearfootFX Pink Purple Fuzz)

This post contains an audio or video demo

MichaelW

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I've been sitting on this board for a while now, not sure why I didn't built it sooner. I got this board late last year when I was trying to build every BJFE circuit I could find. Very few of those builds were disappointing.

This is a really a great sounding fuzz although it's not strictly a fuzz. More like an overdrive/fuzz hybrid. Which tend to be some of my favorite fuzzes!

Like most Bjorn Juhl circuits it's got some interesting tricks up the sleeve but most importantly, the "tricks" sound well integrated and designed like most of his circuits.

With the Fuchsia, there are a pair of 1N4007's that are part of a clipping circuit that can be blended into the fuzz part of the circuit which is powered by a Ge transistor.

The board supports either split tone stack with dedicated treble and bass controls or the standard BJFE "Nature" control which is essentially a bidirectional treble/bass cut control.

I opted for the "Nature" control build. I built it stock to the BOM and the 2N1308 clocked in at around 230 HFE.

Also great that this pedal is not picky about where in the signal chain it sits. It performs fine after my buffers. Which is always a bit of a dance when it comes to fuzzes for me.

Anyway, highly recommended build if you're into fuzzes and even if you're not:) It sounds fantastic and there's a wide range of sounds you can get out of it leveraging the clipping control. From overdrive to fuzz.

Quickie demo with some knob turning and a sound I liked with my SG.

IMG_5501.JPG

IMG_5500.JPG

Back