Funny business with 1% film resistors, not being close to 1%

tegendemuur

It's not high end what we're doing here, so I thought buying at some adequate electronica shop would yield good components, but when 470k ends up being as low as 457K and as high as 483K (so about 3% tolerance I suppose) I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for my components... What a pain. But falls in line with the chore online purchases have become since the pandemic. Since there's not really a brand thing going on here, where should one look out for instead for good material?

Those Musikding components where super tight with their values...

Last edited:
which one?
A Dutch one that's not really relevant for most here (Open Circuit). Figuring these came from a pack with 30 values, I thought they were cheaper because they consisted of the common values, but they should have just labelled them 3% or whatever. Guess I'll be buying the 10 pieces packs, as those seem to more in line (while looking exactly the same; same tint of blue, thickness of leads.)

(The Musikding one's have thicker leads, and are a bit "fatter" looking - Curious now which brand he uses. Same available at Banzai Music?)

Back