Fuzzboy v3

100% agree. When I was starting out with building pedals, PCB's at least gave me a fighting chance of having a working pedal. Once my skills improved - soldering, wiring/layout and troubleshooting - I began to realize that pretty much every issue was solvable. I primarily use PedalPCB boards when I'm building for others. Most of the time I'm now building vero, or occasionally perfboard, for simple circuits like Fuzzface, Benders or boosts. Also, when I get the urge, I want to start building right away, and not wait for the order to be delivered. ?

For sure. It's very difficult to make a Vero board look anywhere near as neat as with a nice symmetrical pedalpcb board. I had a discussion with another dude about how the internal appearance of a pedal makes it easier to sell (if you're doing so) and the pedalpcb boards really help in that regard.

I like doing both, for me each has their place. When I want the exact pedal, or something close to it, a PCB is the quickest way to get there. When I want to color outside the lines, Vero is the way to go. I definitely take advantage of the many places to pick up ground on a Vero board. I've done a few Veros with board-mounted pots. A bit more challenging to lay out, and the pots need to be mechanically restrained so they don't rip up the traces if they get stressed. It does result in a cleaner pedal.

Back