Fv-1 debugging

captainmint

Hello, I have some problems with my spatialist(arachnid), I only get dry signal, only the mix and volume pots are working.
I checked everything other than fv-1, they are all working. I’m new to fv-1 so I don’t really know how to tell whether it’s burnt or not.
(I ordered stuff to build an audio probe, it takes forever to come during this time in Europe, don’t know when I will get it.)
Here’s the voltage read of my fv-1, the only thing that I’m not sure about is the crystal part, pin 9 and 10.
(PIN15 is 1.04, not -1.04, my bad.)

Could anyone help me check if there’s anything suspicious?
Thanks in advance!

F911EFA0-994D-4719-B308-8A362CA06410.jpeg

Last edited:
Now that I'm scrounging for parts (pronounced "cheap") I found an old TonePad hand-etched board in my junkpile with the chip and xtal. Suprisingly ahead of its time back then. Anyway I successfully desoldered both the chip and xtal and transplanted the chip to a newly acquired Deflector board and works like a champ. Take your time, use solder braid if you have it, and don't pull on either the chip legs or pads. It sucks that you guys are having to deal with bad kits from Banzai. Looks like you know what you're doing with the iron and both the Arachnid and Deflector projects are amazing.

Now that I'm scrounging for parts (pronounced "cheap") I found an old TonePad hand-etched board in my junkpile with the chip and xtal. Suprisingly ahead of its time back then. Anyway I successfully desoldered both the chip and xtal and transplanted the chip to a newly acquired Deflector board and works like a champ. Take your time, use solder braid if you have it, and don't pull on either the chip legs or pads. It sucks that you guys are having to deal with bad kits from Banzai. Looks like you know what you're doing with the iron and both the Arachnid and Deflector projects are amazing.
Wow sounds like an adventure!

I didn't know there was a thing like chip quik, damaged the pad of pin6 when desoldering.
yes I used solder braid, I'm just not good at handling it yet.
hope that I can solder a jumper between pin6 and pin8 when I have the new chip, fingers crossed.

btw it's musikding who messes up components, but banzai also sends wrong things sometimes, so don't even know if I should correct that haha

Attachments

• WechatIMG749.jpeg
    WechatIMG749.jpeg
    385.8 KB · Views: 23
set it aside for another project, but keep the board and your original fv-1 chip. you might try to reuse the fv-1 chips in another board, or you might decide to take a fresh look at your board later to see if you can find out what the problem was/is

set it aside for another project, but keep the board and your original fv-1 chip. you might try to reuse the fv-1 chips in another board, or you might decide to take a fresh look at your board later to see if you can find out what the problem was/is
Thank you! This board has gone through too much, I think I'm gonna reusing some components and the eeprom to build an fv-1 platform, I think this project has been mentioned several times in this forum. https://github.com/mstratman/fv1-pedal-platform Thank Mark for making it open source.

Back