• International Mail Service Disruptions
    A large number of international shipments have been disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic. International shipments may experience longer than normal delivery times.
    Read more…

Fv-1 debugging

Gordo

Now that I'm scrounging for parts (pronounced "cheap") I found an old TonePad hand-etched board in my junkpile with the chip and xtal. Suprisingly ahead of its time back then. Anyway I successfully desoldered both the chip and xtal and transplanted the chip to a newly acquired Deflector board and works like a champ. Take your time, use solder braid if you have it, and don't pull on either the chip legs or pads. It sucks that you guys are having to deal with bad kits from Banzai. Looks like you know what you're doing with the iron and both the Arachnid and Deflector projects are amazing.

captainmint

Now that I'm scrounging for parts (pronounced "cheap") I found an old TonePad hand-etched board in my junkpile with the chip and xtal. Suprisingly ahead of its time back then. Anyway I successfully desoldered both the chip and xtal and transplanted the chip to a newly acquired Deflector board and works like a champ. Take your time, use solder braid if you have it, and don't pull on either the chip legs or pads. It sucks that you guys are having to deal with bad kits from Banzai. Looks like you know what you're doing with the iron and both the Arachnid and Deflector projects are amazing.
Wow sounds like an adventure!

I didn't know there was a thing like chip quik, damaged the pad of pin6 when desoldering.
yes I used solder braid, I'm just not good at handling it yet.
hope that I can solder a jumper between pin6 and pin8 when I have the new chip, fingers crossed.

btw it's musikding who messes up components, but banzai also sends wrong things sometimes, so don't even know if I should correct that haha

Attachments