Gamma radiometer (Lowtide)

You're using isolated jacks, so you'll need to provide a ground path to the enclosure via a jack sleeve connection another way. You can run a wire from one of the jack lugs so that it sits between the enclosure and lid when closed. You'll have to remove the paint from the point of contact to ensure a good connection, though.

You're using isolated jacks, so you'll need to provide a ground path to the enclosure via a jack sleeve connection another way. You can run a wire from one of the jack lugs so that it sits between the enclosure and lid when closed. You'll have to remove the paint from the point of contact to ensure a good connection, though.

I know I need to ground the enclosure for shielding and I'll do it. However, I don't think this has anything to do with the pedal not working properly. The circuit should work even outside of the enclosure.

I've red my voltages and posted in the troubleshooting forum:

I've tried to mess with them but since I'm getting no modulation/chorus I cannot say whether or not they are set correctly.
I've eventually set them both at noon while testing
I would suggest that you take the PCB from the enclosure, inspect your soldering, and ensure that the components are correct. The following thread contains information about the biasing procedure.

Your gating should work separately from your modulation. I would try turning the gate fully clockwise with depth and rate set to minimum to confirm your gating is working and then to dial in the gate trimmer. for starters, set the BIAS trimmer at mid-point for now and leave it alone.

the further CCW you set the GATE trimmer, them more low frequencies you get, but I think it is easier to set the modulation with the gate trimmer mostly clockwise and set so you can hear it turn on and off with mix set to clockwise, start with gate fully clockwise and then dial it back toward noon. if your gate is not working you need to get that sorted out before you try to dial in the bias on the BBD. You could try changing the setting on the BIAS trimmer plus or minus a bit from midpoint to see if that helps you set the gate.

So -- is your gate working?

Did you try messing with the DIP switches? I feel like I had a similar panic moment when I boxed mine, but then messed with those and it started doin it’s thing

Back