General Tso compressor

SlowAudio

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
IMG_0486.jpeg IMG_0483.jpeg

I wanted a compressor, and thanks to the high praise for the General Tso on this forum I picked one up. It sounds FANTASTIC! Thanks all! I’ve been trying to figure out how to make my Fender Player Strat’s single coils sound better, and have often thought of upgrading them, but I think this is what I needed to make them shine.

As a build it went well. I remember having a little trouble finding the right photo-resistors, but I happened to have 2 in an Alibaba alphabet soup brand Arduino electronics kits that looked right, and they seemed to work out just fine. A tried a little shrink wrap on the resistors and LEDs to darken them as I think it was mentioned here before. The pedal seemed to work great even when it was unboxed and I’m sure some light got in there, so I’m not certain it was necessary. Maybe if you didn’t use a bezel to mount the led and it was a bright 5mm there might be too much light inside? Could happen. Anyway. Fun build as always. Happy to finish another one.

Nice artwork! I'm currently brainstorming for artwork on my own General Tso's Compressor and I noticed your Mode switch is opposite from the build docs. Which one is correct?

Nice artwork! I'm currently brainstorming for artwork on my own General Tso's Compressor and I noticed your Mode switch is opposite from the build docs. Which one is correct?
The build doc is correct. I messed up the labels. 🤦‍♂️

Back