Germanium-II

finebyfine

Wooo man I love this thing. First kind of "transparent" overdrive that's really clicked for me. Retains such nice picking dynamics at the lower levels. Enclosure is from Tayda, two passes of white on a matte black sand enclosure with gloss varnish. I think I posted a clearer picture in the Tayda UV Printing thread.

IMG_5996(3).JPG
IMG_5988(4).JPG

I saw that enclosure when you posted it earlier and was wondering when we'd see the final product. That's a great lookin' pedal - something you'd expect to see behind the glass at Guitar Center.

I saw that enclosure when you posted it earlier and was wondering when we'd see the final product. That's a great lookin' pedal - something you'd expect to see behind the glass at Guitar Center.

Thank you! I took some pots out of other half done builds because I just had to get it boxed up ASAP. Love this enclosure.

Great looking pedal!

All these Tayda prints... I've gotta get onboard.

I have a pedal that requires a simple white graphic on black (already drilled, but would be willing to order a new enclosure from Tayda).
I can't get the chosen font to work with my computer, so I've held back on it for more than a year now (a couple years?).
Was about to try to free-hand it with white paint when I saw this beautiful build...

Last edited:
Great looking pedal!

All these Tayda prints... I've gotta get onboard.

I have a pedal that requires a simple white graphic on black (already drilled, but would be willing to order a new one from Tayda).
I can't get the chosen font to work with my computer, so I've held back on it for more than a year now (a couple years?).
Was about to try to free-hand it with white paint when I saw this beautiful build...

Thanks! The Tayda UV printing is a dangerous rabbit hole ... there's no way I would have made anywhere near the number of pedals I've made if I couldn't pay $15 for a crispy enclosure

I get that, and I spend all my money on accumulating PCBs that I want to build instead of focusing on building the PCBs I have... 😸
So I don't have a lot of spare money for frivolous things such as pedal decor.

Nonetheless, the cost of a painted enclosure is already up there, and ...

sggkh+%5B%5Blxx*9*8782*700_8_muochl_mvg%5Bzig%5B089v0%5Bvvw62xx60446wvu2wz12zu2884204xz2895089v0.jpg

... you get a pro-looking pedal that would cost a LOT more if you sourced it out in other ways (and probably have to fill a minimum order).

Decor is actually quite important to me. Numerous builds that have yet to be completed because I can't get them to look how I want them to. I see the Tayda Rabbit Hole as a means of a way out, not deeper into. I guess it all depends on which side of the two-way looking glass you are looking through it.

229px-Aliceroom3.jpg

I totally get that. For me the visual design is the more fun part of making pedals. Both wiring and designing are both challenging in really different ways that hit all of the sweet spots of my brain. Easily why making pedals is my favorite hobby I’ve ever picked up.

Back