DEMO Ghosty-Boss DM-3 delay

This post contains an audio or video demo
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
1000010902.jpg
This project was one that has been in the works for months and I'm happy to share with everyone finally. First and foremost, huge shout-out to my brother from another mother Clinton @blackhatboojum for the set of boards and @dan.schumaker for another incredible project. When Clinton told me he was doing research on the dm-3 I was intrigued because I just thought it was a dm-2 with the mn3205 chipset. I was wrong of course and Clinton explained the differences and it seemed like worthy project. I recommended Dan because he can make any circuit fit in any enclosure, he's a true magician and expert in his craft.

So what's the buzz with the DM-3? It's like a DM-2 with different different filtering, it essentially has a double noise reduction circuit which gives it a better s/n ratio. The repeats are softer on the attack, aren't as dark on the decay and it can give far more repeats before oscillating. The mn3205 and 3102 chipset and way cheaper as well so this is quite the economic build. Very natural sounding and feeling delay. Sits somewhere between a DM-2 and a DMM, similar to the Maxon ad-900 to my ear.

The build did make me use my brain some. I learned how to troubleshoot years ago thankfully, and I don't do it all the time but this one threw me for a loop 😂. Clinton was there to calm me down when I was ready to go postal on it. I learned the hard way about tantalum caps, polarity and the noise/chaos they can wreak havoc on in a circuit when they go bad. I got it figured out though💪. The build itself was painless, well laid out and easy to calibrate once those two caps were made right.

For the enclosure I went with a pink tayda powder coated 125b to keep with the original design. I went with Gwen Stacy's spider Gwen or ghost spider/ghosty in the comics because I thought the delay had a real ghostly like quality to the repeats. Really like this one, it won't be leaving my board any time soon. For my sound clip I looped the rhythm track with a subtle delay setting that gives a reverb like quality and played the distorted track with an upcoming drive pedal. One take and I'm not sorry about the unrehearsed mistakes 😂.
3ssecsz.jpg
Q9uJG71.jpg
yKbHLSH.jpg
Wz77gdY.jpg

Last edited:
yummy... andI wouldn't worry over that demo, it makes me think Mr. Isaak wrote something for the end credits of a Tarentino film.. I do like the sound and reminds me I had a 3205/3201 pair laying about for a vero project. The $.64 question, how many Marvel personas left before they've all been on 1 of your boxes? :unsure: ;)

Beautiful build! Awesome graphics
Thanks Nick
The fourth pic is my favorite. This looks great. I'll try to catch the demo later
Thanks Will, your gonna hate the demo 😂
yummy... andI wouldn't worry over that demo, it makes me think Mr. Isaak wrote something for the end credits of a Tarentino film.. I do like the sound and reminds me I had a 3205/3201 pair laying about for a vero project. The $.64 question, how many Marvel personas left before they've all been on 1 of your boxes? :unsure: ;)
I have so many characters left that it's unreal.
Loving the stacked board projects!

Killer build all the way!
Stacked boards are such a flex

You guys knocked it out of the park again! Excellent work! @blackhatboojum and yourself have made me a analog delay fan and that’s coming from someone that would plug straight into a computer, I love how washy and dreamy this thing gets. And although wicked game is particularly annoying to me I like what you did with the arrangement and made it your own while really showing what this pedal is about. I’m a sucker for cover especially when they take it in an new direction.

L❤️‍🔥ve the demo, love the pedal, love the graphic chosen for the pedal.

I usetah b' able sturm dat ditty, not s'mush sangle-note'wang. Great song luvvit luvvit.

So there's gotta be dozens of Ghosty pics you had to choose from, must've been agonizing deciding on only one, but the one chosen — such visual interest!

Anybody notice Ghosty has on ballet-slippers, specifically point shoes... ?

Aye, this'n f%^&* 'ard!!!

Wow, I love that one !
Thank you, I'm hoping that more people get to build this one.
Supa sweet build!
It's the pink that makes it so sweet lol
It f@#<s!

Like... literally, those two boards are totally f@÷#ing.
this one is extra dirty, three in the pink and four in the stink
Some trials and tribulations with this one but, in the end… you f-ing crushed it 😤! Hell, I learned a few things with this one as well. I really dig the demo. Totally captured what this delay does 🤘.
thanks dude, i'm just lucky I got to be included in this. I had to rep your project the best I could.
💄🍑👅🫦👀💦:devilish:🤡
You guys knocked it out of the park again! Excellent work! @blackhatboojum and yourself have made me a analog delay fan and that’s coming from someone that would plug straight into a computer, I love how washy and dreamy this thing gets. And although wicked game is particularly annoying to me I like what you did with the arrangement and made it your own while really showing what this pedal is about. I’m a sucker for cover especially when they take it in an new direction.
thanks dude, analog delay is the :poop: and my demo is just :poop:
L❤️‍🔥ve the demo, love the pedal, love the graphic chosen for the pedal.

I usetah b' able sturm dat ditty, not s'mush sangle-note'wang. Great song luvvit luvvit.

So there's gotta be dozens of Ghosty pics you had to choose from, must've been agonizing deciding on only one, but the one chosen — such visual interest!

Anybody notice Ghosty has on ballet-slippers, specifically point shoes... ?

Aye, this'n f%^&* 'ard!!!
Thanks Neil, I had a lot of really cool images to pull from but I liked this one because it really shows the grace, balance and power that the pedal has sonically. Also, my youngest daughter is obsessed with spider gwen so this was just as much for her as it was for the pedal. Spider-man is big in my house PXL_20231003_204738482.jpg

Back