DEMO Glass Hole (Phasor II) and a question

This post contains an audio or video demo

DGWVI

Built this last week, but went on vacation before I could box it up. Decided to do the Tappy in a separate enclosures, just waiting on pots to finish it up. No mods, other than moving the trimpots to external controls. Which leads me to my question - what should I label them? I was thinking Intensity for the 1k, and Smooth for the 10k. Just not sure how apt those are as descriptors

Anyway, here's a couple nudes
received_485551920113884.jpeg received_773748513911503.jpeg

What do the Steps do? Looks cool!
Changes the amount of phasing stages- 2, 4, 6, or 8. Not a big fan of the 2 stage, and I'll have to get used to the 8 stages. But, it sounds awesome. Gets a little wackier than the Phase II offered here, but I'm guessing that's down to the LDRs having different ranges. I used 9203s in this, and 5516s in my DuoPhase.

I'll try to get a demo up after I've woken up a bit more

Changes the amount of phasing stages- 2, 4, 6, or 8. Not a big fan of the 2 stage, and I'll have to get used to the 8 stages. But, it sounds awesome. Gets a little wackier than the Phase II offered here, but I'm guessing that's down to the LDRs having different ranges. I used 9203s in this, and 5516s in my DuoPhase.

I'll try to get a demo up after I've woken up a bit more
Where did you find 9203's? I need some for a build and can't find them anywhere.

Ugh, min order $20. I think I'm going to try using a KE-10720.
This is for the modulation in a couple of BBD delay pedals. I think it should be ok.

yeah, 2 stage is more like being reallyyyyy slow, from noon and CCW portion, on a trem bar. I don't even remember wtf I used on mine for LDR's. Be extra aware of when and where you run the 1/4in/6.35 wires, the LFO bleeds through pretty strong and I need to redo mine.

How is the trimpots externally adjustable work out? is it making minor tweaks for each stage?

yeah, 2 stage is more like being reallyyyyy slow, from noon and CCW portion, on a trem bar. I don't even remember wtf I used on mine for LDR's. Be extra aware of when and where you run the 1/4in/6.35 wires, the LFO bleeds through pretty strong and I need to redo mine.

How is the trimpots externally adjustable work out? is it making minor tweaks for each stage?

Not sure what I'd ever use the 2 stage for, but I do like having the option. It does sound pretty nifty at higher speeds, though.

I had ticking on mine, that's why the output wires are routed where they are. Gets em just far away enough from the 324 to avoid any ticking

I definitely like having the trimmers external. Gives a lot more versatility in the way of the texture of the phasing. Can even get some liquidy, almost chorus like effects happening with them set just right

did you use log or linear? all my 3362's are buried inside functioning boxes atm and forgot which taper they use.

did you use log or linear? all my 3362's are buried inside functioning boxes atm and forgot which taper they use.
I used linear. I may be mistaken, but I've never seen trimpots with anything other than a linear taper

Back