DEMO Glass Hole (Phasor II) and a question

This post contains an audio or video demo
Having never played this pedal or heard of it before this, but having the trim pots as external controls makes so much sense! Love the demo!
It's basically a fancy Phase II / Phasor II, aka the best phaser. I highly recommend building one of the variants if you're a fan of the swooshies

Last edited:
if ya wanna twiddle it, it's a glass, if ya want whoosh in a straight forward build in a smaller box, get a phase II from Rob. Neither is better, just flavor of a damn good phaser that you don't need 3 other projects to identify parts to build!

if ya wanna twiddle it, it's a glass, if ya want whoosh in a straight forward build in a smaller box, get a phase II from Rob. Neither is better, just flavor of a damn good phaser that you don't need 3 other projects to identify parts to build!
This logic checks out. The Phase II and DuoPhase are both amazing, the Glass Hole just builds on those.

One of my favorite circuits- No rare or unobtanium parts, no matching jfets, and no calibrating outside of tweaking the trimpots to your tastes.

The only thing I'd think of changing or adding is an envelope detector. And, maybe the ability to go up to something absurd like 27 stages

I liked the demo, made me think it's worth putting the trimmers as external pots.

What did you use for pots, regular 16mm or compact 9mm?

Also, what did you end up calling the "trimmers"?

I wanted to see how you had them wired, I acquired 9mm pots and a 2nd board to try this(original works fine if a little LFO presence from wire routing..)
I suggest going with the 9's being easier to find a spot. also going to try 9200's instead of 9203 with a lemony yellow led as opposed to using w/e I had found lst time for LDR's and a cadmium yellow/orange LED...

I liked the demo, made me think it's worth putting the trimmers as external pots.

What did you use for pots, regular 16mm or compact 9mm?

Also, what did you end up calling the "trimmers"?
I used 9mm on the MadBean adapter boards. Ended up labelling em Intensity and Smooth
I wanted to see how you had them wired, I acquired 9mm pots and a 2nd board to try this(original works fine if a little LFO presence from wire routing..)
I suggest going with the 9's being easier to find a spot. also going to try 9200's instead of 9203 with a lemony yellow led as opposed to using w/e I had found lst time for LDR's and a cadmium yellow/orange LED...
I matched the pinout to the trimpots- pin 1 to square hole.

I see, I got a pair of pots from SBE and are the 90deg w/o the support pins, but that shoould be close enough to get it lined up... now to order a new batch of diodes, was short the 5817 and somehow managed to crack the zener 🤦‍♂️

I see, I got a pair of pots from SBE and are the 90deg w/o the support pins, but that shoould be close enough to get it lined up... now to order a new batch of diodes, was short the 5817 and somehow managed to crack the zener 🤦‍♂️
Just take care when loading the 9mm the legs on them are brittle, that's why I like using the adapter boards

Back