Golden Falk, build 👍🏼

Dan0h

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
My first MIAB build. With a little background.

Lifelong fender fan here. Never strayed amp-wise from Fenders unless you count my first amp as a teen, a Crate…. Never played a real Marshall never really desired that sound until recently. Searched through the forums here and found that @Robert seemed to be a big fan of this build for the MIAB sound.

Build was simple and the bias testing tabs with voltages written on them made tuning this thing to perfection such a breeze. The j201s sound amazing and this pedal sounds amazing. Not really knowing first hand what a Marshall sounds like, this to me nails the sounds I’ve heard from my friends and band mates that have used them. Very useful switching options between the three amp modes and the dials all seem to have a great range.

I also finally realized this afternoon why I’ve never taken the time to make sure all my shit is perfectly lined up during build outs. As much as I wish I could build like some of the epic dudes in this forum I just can’t make the time needed to go slow and perfect. Work has been crazy lately, the seven year old single child is constantly needing my attention, the wife and family ongoings are constantly taking up any sort of freedom time I use to have. So my builds have turned into 5 minutes here ten minutes there. Staying up late night dead ass tired attempting just to finish something for myself. So yeah. I’m just happy to have a pedal that works and sounds awesome. I’m not selling this, not trying to impress anyone, got nothing to prove. So if you don’t like my builds cause they have some slop aspect to them cool. But if you are like me and just enjoy making things when you can that work cool too. I’m a fan of the end result, even with a few crooked chicklets…

Enjoy.
E7BB06A2-0A61-4E4F-87E3-6CCFADE061BB.jpeg 4BB79C0F-0F2B-4C02-BD49-7912C505334B.jpeg

My first MIAB build. With a little background.

Lifelong fender fan here. Never strayed amp-wise from Fenders unless you count my first amp as a teen, a Crate…. Never played a real Marshall never really desired that sound until recently. Searched through the forums here and found that @Robert seemed to be a big fan of this build for the MIAB sound.

Build was simple and the bias testing tabs with voltages written on them made tuning this thing to perfection such a breeze. The j201s sound amazing and this pedal sounds amazing. Not really knowing first hand what a Marshall sounds like, this to me nails the sounds I’ve heard from my friends and band mates that have used them. Very useful switching options between the three amp modes and the dials all seem to have a great range.

I also finally realized this afternoon why I’ve never taken the time to make sure all my shit is perfectly lined up during build outs. As much as I wish I could build like some of the epic dudes in this forum I just can’t make the time needed to go slow and perfect. Work has been crazy lately, the seven year old single child is constantly needing my attention, the wife and family ongoings are constantly taking up any sort of freedom time I use to have. So my builds have turned into 5 minutes here ten minutes there. Staying up late night dead ass tired attempting just to finish something for myself. So yeah. I’m just happy to have a pedal that works and sounds awesome. I’m not selling this, not trying to impress anyone, got nothing to prove. So if you don’t like my builds cause they have some slop aspect to them cool. But if you are like me and just enjoy making things when you can that work cool too. I’m a fan of the end result, even with a few crooked chicklets…

Enjoy.
View attachment 40663View attachment 40662
Damn that's sloppy...... :ROFLMAO: (j/k). Dude, no one gives a sh*t what it looks like, and even if they did, screw em.....:ROFLMAO:.

Does it go "keeeeeraaaangggg" when you fired it up? Then you're ALL GOOD!!!!

We all enjoy different aspects of this hobby, no excuses or apologies necessary. You're wife and kid come first....always.....

I'll add that this is my favorite MIAB by far.....I need to come up with something I can do a demo on with this pedal.

The lights are blinding. God, there’s a lot of people here tonight, I’m having a blast though. Okay well, second chorus just about done so it’s time for my ripping guitar solo. I’ve practiced so much, even borrowed @Dan0h new Golden Falk for this moment. I turn on the pedal and start sweeping, everything is going great, as I delicately land a 9 octave sweep everything goes dark. People are screaming with shock and horror, the floor starts cracking and giant sinkhole opens before us, my last thoughts as I plummet into the void was trying to figure out what happened, “did God delete Earth?”, “did the Great Simulation crash?”, or “Did @Dan0h install a crooked capacitor because he’s a busy dude?”

— thing that would never happen

Hell, I just pour acid on my pedals to deep etch graphics and create enough visual noise there’s no telling if anything is in alignment. (Trust me, is not) but as was so well put above: they go “keeeeeraaaangggg" when I fire them up, and I smile.

Hell, I just pour acid on my pedals to deep etch graphics and create enough visual noise there’s no telling if anything is in alignment. (Trust me, is not) but as was so well put above: they go “keeeeeraaaangggg" when I fire them up, and I smile.
Hell, my pedals go “keeeeeraaaangggg” when you just look at them…

Awesome @Dan0h!

I guess I need to try one of these. I think we have similar taste in overdrive and nobody seems to have anything negative to say about this one.

Also, nobody is judging you for crooked capacitors, at least they shouldn't be. Crooked or straight, they work all the same. It makes so much more sense to spend your time getting pedals built and having time for your family than it is being anal retentive about capacitor alignment.

Awesome @Dan0h!

I guess I need to try one of these. I think we have similar taste in overdrive and nobody seems to have anything negative to say about this one.

Also, nobody is judging you for crooked capacitors, at least they shouldn't be. Crooked or straight, they work all the same. It makes so much more sense to spend your time getting pedals built and having time for your family than it is being anal retentive about capacitor alignment.
Thanks.
And don’t get me wrong. Straight and tidy does look awesome, and something I always strive for at least. Just felt the need to explain my slop. Which I shouldn’t even worry about to begin with. This is a worthy build if you need the Marshall sound in your arsenal.

Back