Golden Fleece - DIY

I built on of these a few years back on a fuzzdog Electra pcb. I put the schematic up on here, Madbean and IG so other people could tinker with it. Needless to say mythos was super appreciative that I shared their countless hours of R&D time to develop this original concept 😂 in all seriousness this version of the circuit fucksView attachment 44456View attachment 44457

By saying “this version of the circuit fucks” is that a good or bad thing?

Also, is this the exact BOM for the copper clad? Doesn’t I haven’t seen a confirmed bom that I’m aware of just several traces with minor value changes.

Thanks in advance to all that have contributed to this btw. This will be my first build in YEARS so I figured I’d start easy.

By saying “this version of the circuit fucks” is that a good or bad thing?
in this context it's always a good thing

Also, is this the exact BOM for the copper clad? Doesn’t I haven’t seen a confirmed bom that I’m aware of just several traces with minor value changes.
I said above that I mad it on a fuzzdog board. @Robert said he's making a pcb for this so I would likely wait for that.
Edit:
I had not realized that he released the copper clad already. Whatever he has on the silkscrean of the pcb is correct and just use those values.

Last edited:
The variation of this circuit that surprised me is the Tchula circuit.

The whole concept really made no sense to me... in one mode you have no control whatsoever, no volume control, no gain control, you just switch it on and it does what it does... take it or leave it.

The other footswitch enables a gain control.

Quirky as hell, I expected to be extremely underwhelmed, but man, it sounds fantastic in either mode and actually does "work" .
The tchula is suposto to bem two COT50s. The first stage has the knob so It can work as a boost/overdrive. The second stage is set "before noon" if it had a knob. It was built to Josh Smith, under his specifications. But the diagram shows a switch on a bias knob

Last edited:
This should be it, the pot is 0.5" lower than the older 1-knob template.

Can you not just pull this up as a pedalpcb project on Tayda and choose a color? I clicked the link and saved it under copper clad but i find a pre drilled enclosure remotely close.

Can you not just pull this up as a pedalpcb project on Tayda and choose a color? I clicked the link and saved it under copper clad but i find a pre drilled enclosure remotely close.
I don't think there are 1 knob pre-drilled PedalPCB enclosures on Tayda. Or if there are, can you link them to me? I couldn't find any. There are other pre-drilled one knob enclosures, but I think they are with sidemounted jacks and 1590B.

Last edited:
I don't think there are 1 knob pre-drilled PedalPCB enclosures on Tayda. Or if there are, can you link them to me? I couldn't find any. There are other pre-drilled one knob enclosures, but I think they are with sidemounted jacks and 1590B.
Well if you click the link in the post of mine above it takes you to the drill template for the project and it’s on Tayda. However I couldn’t find it or figure out how to have a painted enclosure drilled to those specs.

Well if you click the link in the post of mine above it takes you to the drill template for the project and it’s on Tayda. However I couldn’t find it or figure out how to have a painted enclosure drilled to those specs.

Ahh right, yes, you can use custom drilling of course. How it works is that you have 1.) the drill template saved on the drill site, 2.) order both the drill job item and the (painted) enclosure from Tayda, and 3.) a bit after ordering you can choose what drill template to use on which enclosure on the drill site. It's also explained I think on the drill job item itself on the store, so go read it there if my explanation was confusing.

Back