Grounding out on enclosure?

flippy69

Hello I’m building probably my 10th Frost drive. I wired everything up as I always do but for some reason and light comes on but it seems to ground out. When I touch the power jack, it ( the guitar signal) sputters back on, only to sputter back out. At that point I replaced the entire DC jack thinking it was shorted, only to find the problem is still there.
I scraped paint off the enclosure at the input jack to no avail. I am not even sure that’s the problem but I’m out of ideas. Is there any troubleshooting techniques I can use to determine the cause for sure?

did the other 9 frost drives work OK? maybe you need to skip 10 and go straight to 11. : ^ )

plenty of troubleshooting tips for checking out a PCB in the troubleshooting forums. check them out and see if they give you some things to try. at the very least, you will be better prepared to come back here with more information and some good pictures of both sides of the pcb and wiring connections.

No because when I touch the power wire, it sputters back in for a few seconds and while that is happening, all controls work and sound great. Then it sputters out again.

Back