How can I tell if this is center negative? Also what lug is what on this thing?

Sorry, just bought off of tayda and now can't figure it out.
If you use that jack you’ll need to isolate it from the enclosure. It’s best to use plastic jacks seeing how pedals are wired center negative. With this jack the positive sleeve of the jack will short with the metal enclosure. To find the center pin terminal I’d just use your multimeter. It’s most likely going to be the terminal running the opposite direction of the other 2

Thank you. I was sick of using the big plastic ones because you have to solder them pre-installed in the enclosure, but it looks like that's what I should stick with. "too good to be true" is usually correct.

Thank you. I was sick of using the big plastic ones because you have to solder them pre-installed in the enclosure, but it looks like that's what I should stick with. "too good to be true" is usually correct.

Use the external nut plastic jacks then you don't have to solder pre-installed, these:

DC-681447.jpg

https://www.gapco.co.uk/Rear-mount-DC-power-Jack.html

They're slightly bigger than the other one's 12.5mm drill hole rather than 12mm, but take up a lot less internal space

I use these

Back