Hwut Fuzz Transistor Pinout

joelorigo

I have a BC109 pinout sheet, just being overly sure that the PCB has the same as pinout when inserting the transistors to match the visual representation. HwutFuzz PCB copy.png transistor_TO-18.png

Thank you, unfortunately I don't know much about reading a schematic.

You should learn…😉

That’s exactly where your answer was. For instance, Q1 has its emitter tied directly to ground, which would have allowed you to determine the pin out and match it up.

You should learn…😉

That’s exactly where your answer was. For instance, Q1 has its emitter tied directly to ground, which would have allowed you to determine the pin out and match it up.
Thank you! I think you're right. I do see how the schematic shows the connections. After that I don't know what it all means so it seems like I also need to learn about how all the parts work in a circuit. I'll dive in. Could you recommend something to? Youtube video, website, etc.

Thank you! I think you're right. I do see how the schematic shows the connections. After that I don't know what it all means so it seems like I also need to learn about how all the parts work in a circuit. I'll dive in. Could you recommend something to? Youtube video, website, etc.

Think of the schematic as a roadmap. If the input of the circuit is Point A, and the output Point B, the schematic shows all the various "roadways" on your trip.

BuddytheReow has got your back:

Then follow up with practice, just look at everything you've built or are going to build and try and follow the schematic. For stuff you've already built, get the schematic, and try to find/identify all the parts, you'll also discover some interesting things about PCB layout!

Whatever your next build is, pull out the schematic and follow it as you populate the board. Look at the connections (sometimes referred to as nets); build with your DMM handy, too. Does that component leg go to ground? Ahh that's why this beeps with that, they're both connected to ground... Light-bulb moments galore.

And check out threads like these:

Hardest part can be getting past the intimidation factor, but I'm sure you'll find it's really not that hard once you try.

BuddytheReow has got your back:

Then follow up with practice, just look at everything you've built or are going to build and try and follow the schematic. For stuff you've already built, get the schematic, and try to find/identify all the parts, you'll also discover some interesting things about PCB layout!

Whatever your next build is, pull out the schematic and follow it as you populate the board. Look at the connections (sometimes referred to as nets); build with your DMM handy, too. Does that component leg go to ground? Ahh that's why this beeps with that, they're both connected to ground... Light-bulb moments galore.

And check out threads like these:

Hardest part can be getting past the intimidation factor, but I'm sure you'll find it's really not that hard once you try.
Awesome! Thank you, I’ll dive in.

Back