Hwut Fuzz

I’m a fan of this build. How do you like it?
I found the second notch from the dullest is my favorite on the rotary.

Reactions: fig
Nice work! I haven’t looked over this build yet but glancing at those traces around the switch kinda looks like tone cap options?

I like the first two settings the most. The woofy 1st setting is cool for a rolled back tone knob sound. The second setting might be the most useable before it gets too bright. The zippy settings could be cool on occasion.

Lacking build docs, what does the internal trim do? Is it a low cut? I used 2 bc109cs at approx 630 hfe each. Sounds good in some settings, real bad in others.

I think this build should be added to the: Noobs make this first list. It’s seriously the simplest amazing sounding pedal I’ve made.

I like the first two settings the most. The woofy 1st setting is cool for a rolled back tone knob sound. The second setting might be the most useable before it gets too bright. The zippy settings could be cool on occasion.
I agree 100%. Mine is left on 2 but sometimes I have fun with 1. The other two are just crazy.

Did you use this part?

I ask because I have a mini chicken head knob I am also using, and I'm tightening the set screw and it's digging into the plastic shaft but it's slipping instead of going from notch to notch. I'm hesitant to crank the screw too much, but it that what is needed?

Thanks! Did you ever change the knobs? I think the black & red looks great. It's a cool pedal. I'm interested to hear what it sounds like with a guitar I have tuned down a step and a half.

Oh, and is position 2, 3 & 4 louder than 1 on yours? It is on mine.

Back