Ionosphere Fuzz

Danbieranowski

Continuing down the month o’ noise builds, here’s the Ionosphere Fuzz. This is proper stoner doomy fuzz for the soul. Real strong and guttural tones, and sounds good with the gain rolled back. Massive on bass as well. An easy build based around the ever-accessible TL072. I didn’t have a 15n or 180n cap so I made due with my nearest values. Another pleasant surprise.

B5CAEA65-5569-44A3-95CA-4DB0B4F42C3D.jpeg
261432DE-1BD6-452D-8F59-3C0B3F45D78D.jpeg

even your cables matched your pedal! another sweet demo vid, solid work Dan - or should I say, Danimal?
Shameless plug: Those cables are made by my friends at Sorry Cables. Handmade in LA with the finest quality components and customizable colors. If any of you want custom nice cables go to www.sorrycables.com and use code SPOOKYVIBES for 13% off!
We now return to our regularly scheduled program!

Shameless plug: Those cables are made by my friends at Sorry Cables. Handmade in LA with the finest quality components and customizable colors. If any of you want custom nice cables go to www.sorrycables.com and use code SPOOKYVIBES for 13% off!
We now return to our regularly scheduled program!

Thanks for the tip. I had a couple of custom cables made for me maybe 15 years ago and I'll never get rid of them. They were made by some dude on a G&L forum that I'm not sure exists any more and they are silent and bulletproof. Anyways, good to know there's a local I can buy from when I need more. I didn't realize you were in LA (for some reason I thought you were in Italy, but have no idea why). I'm just south of you behind the Orange Curtain.

Thanks for the tip. I had a couple of custom cables made for me maybe 15 years ago and I'll never get rid of them. They were made by some dude on a G&L forum that I'm not sure exists any more and they are silent and bulletproof. Anyways, good to know there's a local I can buy from when I need more. I didn't realize you were in LA (for some reason I thought you were in Italy, but have no idea why). I'm just south of you behind the Orange Curtain.
Ah no shit. Yeah I'm out here in Upland actually, but used to live in Fullerton, Yorba Linda, Tustin, etc... I do Sound Design at Knotts so if you ever want tickets (when the world reopens) hit me up.

Ah no shit. Yeah I'm out here in Upland actually, but used to live in Fullerton, Yorba Linda, Tustin, etc... I do Sound Design at Knotts so if you ever want tickets (when the world reopens) hit me up.
Not to sidetrack your build thread further, but I'm in South OC - that you do sound design intrigues me. I am taking a different approach to instruments, tunings and reproduction/amplification. When the world is a friendlier place I'd love to pick your brain.

Right on, man. I grew up in Fullerton, mostly. Was there for jr high through grad school, at least. It's the closest thing to a "home town" I've got. Driving from Upland to Knotts can't be much fun. I have an old friend in Claremont and for being relatively close that drive seems to take a decade no matter what!

Not to sidetrack your build thread further, but I'm in South OC - that you do sound design intrigues me. I am taking a different approach to instruments, tunings and reproduction/amplification. When the world is a friendlier place I'd love to pick your brain.
Happy to chat any time. Feel free to send me a message in here if you'd like, or you can message me through the instagram page @spookyvibesfx.

Right on, man. I grew up in Fullerton, mostly. Was there for jr high through grad school, at least. It's the closest thing to a "home town" I've got. Driving from Upland to Knotts can't be much fun. I have an old friend in Claremont and for being relatively close that drive seems to take a decade no matter what!
Yeah, it's the best place we can afford to rent an actual house in, so the extra 20 mins each way is kinda worth it. Claremont is a dream, so it's cool living nearby.

Yeah, it's the best place we can afford to rent an actual house in, so the extra 20 mins each way is kinda worth it. Claremont is a dream, so it's cool living nearby.
The rent struggle is real. We're paying $2200 for our tiny (like 850sqft!) 2 bedroom home. It's from 1915 and hasn't had an upgrade since they built a bathroom on to it in the 50's lol.

Claremont is a really cool little town, especially given its location.

The rent struggle is real. We're paying $2200 for our tiny (like 850sqft!) 2 bedroom home. It's from 1915 and hasn't had an upgrade since they built a bathroom on to it in the 50's lol.

Claremont is a really cool little town, especially given its location.
We pay $2400 but our house is pretty big (1500sqft) but we have to live way tf out here lol. We both work from home regularly (non-covid times) so the extra space is a necessity or we’ll kill each other.

We pay $2400 but our house is pretty big (1500sqft) but we have to live way tf out here lol. We both work from home regularly (non-covid times) so the extra space is a necessity or we’ll kill each other.

My wife and I are both working from home (pretty lucky) and we've got a 16 month old as well. And a dog! Makes for pretty cramped quarters. I've been trying to pry my wife out of OC to a more affordable part of CA for a while now but I don't think I'll ever get her to leave.

My wife and I are both working from home (pretty lucky) and we've got a 16 month old as well. And a dog! Makes for pretty cramped quarters. I've been trying to pry my wife out of OC to a more affordable part of CA for a while now but I don't think I'll ever get her to leave.
We're actually looking at moving up to Portland. Luckily my wife is 100% onboard. Lots of pedal builders up there too like us shmucks down here.

I could tell you guys were from So Cal without you even mentioning where you live. Seems we can't manage to have a conversation without the topics of commuting and housing prices getting introduced. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I'm in Palos Verdes, not that far from the Orange Curtain, we should get together when the time is right.

You'll be right at home in Oregon, it's full of Calif transplants.