Ionosphere Fuzz

I could tell you guys were from So Cal without you even mentioning where you live. Seems we can't manage to have a conversation without the topics of commuting and housing prices getting introduced. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I'm in Palos Verdes, not that far from the Orange Curtain, we should get together when the time is right.

You'll be right at home in Oregon, it's full of Calif transplants.
Get together with us at your own risk. Your brain will be picked endlessly.

Maybe we think Dan is Italian because Bieranowski sounds so Italian. :oops:

Actually it sounds like a lifestyle - beer and now ski. That would make Dan northern Italian. Ciao, Daniele!

Continuing down the month o’ noise builds, here’s the Ionosphere Fuzz. This is proper stoner doomy fuzz for the soul. Real strong and guttural tones, and sounds good with the gain rolled back. Massive on bass as well. An easy build based around the ever-accessible TL072. I didn’t have a 15n or 180n cap so I made due with my nearest values. Another pleasant surprise.

View attachment 9122
View attachment 9123
Beautiful as always! I see you had the volume knob turned pretty high on your demo. I’m curious, where abouts is unity volume on yours? I built a couple and while they work and sound just like your demo unity volume is achieved when knob is about 9:00 instead of closer to noon. In other words I reach unity at about a 1/4 turn from zero/off on the volume knob. Figured that was perhaps just the circuit.

Beautiful as always! I see you had the volume knob turned pretty high on your demo. I’m curious, where abouts is unity volume on yours? I built a couple and while they work and sound just like your demo unity volume is achieved when knob is about 9:00 instead of closer to noon. In other words I reach unity at about a 1/4 turn from zero/off on the volume knob. Figured that was perhaps just the circuit.
I think I probably just liked hitting the front of my amp harder with more volume to be honest. I ended up giving that pedal away so unfortunately I can’t test it and give you a more accurate answer.

I think I probably just liked hitting the front of my amp harder with more volume to be honest. I ended up giving that pedal away so unfortunately I can’t test it and give you a more accurate answer.
No worries, just curious. After watching a few more demos I did notice that unity between active and bypass did seem to be around 9-10:00 on the original pedal. Thanks anyway!