Is it possible to wire an illuminated red/green 3PDT to a standard switchboard ?[SOLVED]

eh là bas ma

Hello,

I have two illuminated 3PDT like this :

I don't have the right switchboard. I wonder how I can wire them to a standard switchboard or to a 3PDT ?

3pdt-board-set-of-3.jpg 3pdt-footswitch-illuminated-red-blue~2.jpg
Thank you for your help !

Last edited:
That board looks like it’s designed for a single LED, not two color, so I’m not sure how to use it so that you get both. You could wire just one of the cathodes though (+ and - pads with corresponding LED leads).

That board looks like it’s designed for a single LED, not two color, so I’m not sure how to use it so that you get both. You could wire just one of the cathodes though (+ and - pads with corresponding LED leads).
Thanks ! I did that and it works.

So there are no way to get the other color when the effect is switched off ? I mean what does the third led pad on a switchboard meant for bicolor led ?
I miss this third led pad on my switchboard, but maybe I can hand wire this missing connection ?

Careful. That led might be designed for 120v. Might not work with 230v in France… I’ve got your back bro…
Do i need a led adaptor for 230V ? Is that why all my purple leds are bluish ?

I will stick a big resistor and a cap in the wall socket... and report.

Last edited:
One more question about illuminated 3PDT :

The plastic ring's correct location, in this specific case, is on the outside of the enclosure ? No way around that this time?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom