J201 Subs??? Cobalt Drive aka Blues Driver

View attachment 39384
If you can get the SMT ones you can get these adapter boards for super cheap on oshpark. Also the original didn't use J201, so you could find the original transistor as well which I believe is 2sk117/2sk184/2sk209 depending on package.
do you have a link to this project--none of my searches could find it?

I can see this in my old orders on OSH Park and it seems like I can reorder them, but they won't come up in a search for some reason.

Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 10.07.12 PM.png

Sweet Ive been using these guys for amp parts, caps, pots etc for over 15 years. Ive had a cart building over time, just tossed some of these on there. Thanks!
If you have a business license, you can apply for a wholesale account at https://www.cedist.com/ . It's the *identical* company, address and website, but with lower prices! I just placed an order with them last night, I have some heyborer transformers for a Champ being delivered tomorrow. Some prices are much lower, some just so so. The MOD electrolytic caps are really great, low prices.

I recently bought a new drill press to replace my 1940's old school and it has a milling type cross sliding vise. By using milling bits I'll be able to make precision square holes in metal now. So I'm going to use the 10x6x2 hammond box to make a chassis for the champ I'm building. :)
1672680499867.png
Still have to connect some wires but I have the component positions worked out......

1672680984205.png

Attachments

• 1672680945877.png
    1672680945877.png
    444.4 KB · Views: 3
Im close to retiring from my trade. This is a great tip, or way to save on a fixed income, lol.
In California you have to file a DBA (doing business as) in your local newspaper (a special low price add) and then you take that to the county business tax place and give them a nominal fee. After you get that license you can setup accounts at Mojo and CE Dist. Between the two they have just about everything you could need.....

edited: You can probably do this online now, post covid most county functions are online.....

Last edited:
Reactions: EZS
see notes page 1 :

Based on this, I use sk117 on my BD-2 from effectslayout.com and it's great, I like it very much.

I'd say it sounds very close to my other BD-2, Sapphire from Aion. This one is using 2sk 209 smd version :

I use the Sapphire more often, but it's just because of the extra bass control. Both sounds amazing.
This is great alternative information, Thanks!

Back