Kliche Mini B10k Volume Not Muting

I’ve just completed my first Kliche Mini build and noticed that a little bit of volume is making its way through even when the volume potentiometer is turned all the way down. Should I try another potentiometer in case the one installed is faulty or is this the expected behavior for this circuit?

According to circuit analyses from people smarter than me, a tiny bit of dry signal bypasses the volume pot, but not really enough to be noticeable.

Can you take a picture for us? My first thought is to check the values of R28 & 29.

You have a bunch of loose strands here. If these make connections with a neighboring pad or another loose strand, you could get signal or DC flowing somewhere in the circuit it's not supposed to be.

If you have a desoldering pump, I'd remove all of those wires and then use the pump to open the holes back up. Twist and very lightly tin the new wires before you attempt to put them through the holes.
IMG_0217.jpeg

You have a bunch of loose strands here. If these make connections with a neighboring pad or another loose strand, you could get signal or DC flowing somewhere in the circuit it's not supposed to be.

If you have a desoldering pump, I'd remove all of those wires and then use the pump to open the holes back up. Twist and very lightly tin the new wires before you attempt to put them through the holes.
View attachment 69445
Thank you. Will do.

View attachment 69445
Thank you. Will do

Just a follow up. I rewired the footswitch, replaced the blown capacitor, swapped the op amps for actual TL072CPs, and replaced the B10K potentiometer that wasn’t “muting”. I realize it was a bit overkill to do all that but something in there did the trick. The pedal sounds so much better now with a sound that hugs you. Has a little bit of a mid-range thing going on that I like, almost gives my amp the characteristics of having a Celestion speaker in it (which it does not). Also, the volume knob mutes when turned all the way down now (as it should). Mission accomplished! Thanks everyone.

Back