Kliche: Strange Issue…

JamieJ

It’s cursed - take that board far away and bury it and we will never speak of this again…

Feral Feline

Kill it with fire!

If you throw populated electronics PCBs on bonfires, caps and several other components burn with a real purdy bunch of colours to 'm when they finally get hot enough to pop.

Tales from a misspent youth at bush parties...

Coda

Update: every now and again, I take this pedal out and see what’s going on. A few weeks ago, I plugged it in, and nothing. However, while poking around inside (with it hooked up), I found that if I twist the footswitch hard to the right, the pedal performed exactly as it should. Then, I found this out too much…when I snapped a wire. Today, I repaired the snap. Still nothing.
The symptoms: with pedal off I get bypass…as long as the gain control is maxed. If the gain control is at min, I get no bypass. If I go from min to about 50% quickly, the signal fades in. Secondly, when engaged, I get no sound…unless I have volume maxed, and the gain at about 8:30. The signal at this setting weak, and clean.
I suspect an issue with the footswitch, or at least the bypass wiring. Does anyone know how the footswitch is wired? I used the special breakout board, and the build doc only shows that in place…