L5 Preamp woes

Raspymcnasty

After I originally boxed it up, I just tested to see if the LEDs worked with an underpowered 9VAC adaptor laying around until my 2000ma 9vac power supply came in. When I plugged it in I had a couple of issues.

1. No sound when pedal is engaged (bypass works fine)
2. bypass LED stays on (wired it as default)

I want to test the voltages of my IC's as I saw that Aion posted them in DIYstomboxes but im unsure how to go forward since I've read not to touch certain legs of IC's.

Can someone give me some pointers on what to set my DMM setting to in order to start testing my voltages?

I dont want to fry anything since i'm unfamiliar with this AC powered circuit.
I have some initial questions regarding testing.

Do I power the unit while testing?
Do I just keep my negative lead in the test hole (center hole on top right side of the board) then poke each leg?
Just to cross it off, when im looking for continuity on the 3dpt's which ones should have continuity?

My build
AionFX's documents

I suggest doing a few internet searches for youtube videos about using a digital meter.

the test hole on a board is usually for the positive probe while the negative probe is attached to ground, and is usually measuring something specific. you can have your pedal powered on, ground the black probe to the ground on your board (or to the enclosure, or ground connection on an audio jack). put the red probe on each of the pins on each IC and keep notes about the voltages you measure on them. for starters you will want to make sure each IC is getting power on the right pins, and that it has a connection to ground.

For the switch this is what you are looking for

images

Back