Le Printemps Pour Leo

Mentaltossflycoon

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Oooee this one... I know I like to preface things with how low my expectations are. The shock at my awe or something. Eq isn't supposed to be interesting and yet... here we are. I don't put a lot of thought into eq. It's on my amp when I need it but I like the sound of my rig so it's usually flat with a touch of extra bass when appropriate. I use a radial bassbone and similarly barely touch eq settings so I built this assuming I'd have it kicking around for studio use. Alas Hondo from the demos in the dark video was right, it is excellent on bass and I'll be putting this on my new pedalboard that I have brewing.

Playing my tele with cutting and boosting similar frequencies is also interesting as suggested in the same video. It has a nice amount of volume too which is welcome. Excellent work, @Robert. This is definitely something I'd build another of if you came up with a smaller, perhaps 9mm pot version but I'm not going to complain about an xx sized pultec. Just awesome.
Screenshot_20221214_160226.jpg Screenshot_20221214_160238.jpg
A little experiment, I have some blue ultrabrights that are just too much. Instead of raising the resistor value I coated the exterior in blue metallic sharpie and I think it looks a little like Neptune. Pretty happy with that. I haven't decided if/ how I'll label it but I'm calling it Le Printemps Pour Leo because I love Stravinsky, Mel Brooks, and 30 Rock. Pretty sure that my french grammer is poor but that's just gravy to me.
Screenshot_20221214_160249.jpg

Last edited:
I know, strange to be excited about EQ, but I’m really looking forward to this one, and, like you, already am quite happy with my set up. I even already have the damn jewel light…

Great looking build, and thanks for keeping my interest so high on this design!

I know, strange to be excited about EQ, but I’m really looking forward to this one, and, like you, already am quite happy with my set up. I even already have the damn jewel light…

Great looking build, and thanks for keeping my interest so high on this design!
You know, I bought a white jewel light for this but I liked it on my amp more so I skipped it and went with the sharpied led, lol.

Back
Top Bottom