'Lectric Mama Flanger - A Chuck D. Bones Design....

MichaelW

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
A lot has been said about this circuit already (most of it by me hahahah)

Finally getting back to this build after a brief stall waiting for some new relay pics from @fig's daughter while he's playing hooky at the beach... :ROFLMAO:

Well, I built it out, I had bypass and I had signal when engaged but I had no flange effect.

After a bit of back and forth with @Chuck D. Bones offline, I discovered that I installed the 2N7000 backwards.

So, once that got rectified I've got all kinds of seasick flanging going on! I'm using the LFO chip with Chuck's programming in it right now.
Planning to try the Electric Druid StompFlo chip in it at some point to see what the difference is.

This circuit is Chuck's improvements on the classic Electric Mistress.....but as I pretty much expected, it doesn't sound anything like an Electric Mistress hahah, it's been seriously "Chucki-fied"! Lots of movement and at extreme settings can get you into seasick territory for sure. Or it can also be dialed back to a mild chorusing as well.

Extremely cool pedal that's going to take me some time to figure out how to dial up the sounds.

These 6 knob modulation pedals are always a bit confusing to me with no knob labels, so I try to color code. Black is "Blend", Blue is "Speed" everything else is modulation related.

Thank you again to the CCF Pedal Triumvirate for these projects! @Chuck D. Bones, @cooder and @fig!

IMG_3816.JPG

IMG_3817.JPG

Edit: I meant to add this earlier, quoting @Chuck D. Bones:

1) "Have you done a THOROUGH visual inspection?" (uhhhhmmmm.....nope....totally missed that backwards transistor)

2) "99.9999% of the time with builds that don't work it's user error..." (uuuhhhhyeeeeeupp, it was all me......duh...) :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Curse you Michael W! Diynot shakes fist in air. I was aiming to get the first build report out there on this one🤣, but alas, no PIC chip. But meh, you sir are a building beast and I don’t mind coming in behind you on a build report. Excited to get this fired up. I feel like this will be akin to the Subdecay Starlight flanger and tha makes me happy.

Curse you Michael W! Diynot shakes fist in air. I was aiming to get the first build report out there on this one🤣, but alas, no PIC chip. But meh, you sir are a building beast and I don’t mind coming in behind you on a build report. Excited to get this fired up. I feel like this will be akin to the Subdecay Starlight flanger and tha makes me happy.
I will get one to you post-haste...

To be fair, I believe @cooder posted the first one over in the development thread, but Michael is the first of us commoners to do so
I think Cooder's was the prototype board. I believe this run that @fig had made is a tweaked version. Or maybe that was the CowPoke? I'm getting confused.

Either way all three of these @Chuck D. Bones circuits are stellar sounding pedals! And I am so grateful to @fig for his generosity!

Super fun builds and super useful. The "Bull Testicle" is going to be a staple boost for me:)

Oh and this relay switching is spoiling me........

To be fair, I believe @cooder posted the first one over in the development thread, but Michael is the first of us commoners to do so
While I would NEVER categorize @fig as a commoner.....I think he was the first to build the first of these "semi production" boards.

Edit: Plus his build has all sorts of mojo components.......mine truly is a "commoner" compared to @fig's build hahahah

Ah yes, I had forgotten ab the witchdoctor and yes, @fig is well above the status of “commoner” in these parts as well as elsewhere I have no doubt.

• Haha
Reactions: fig
I would likely emerge from my extended Fall pedal-building-break to put together one of these boards due to my respect and regard for Chuck and Fig.

Surely there are *some* bad @fig lists to be on. The guy has lots of lists, so it would seem improbable for all of them to be good. Probably keeps a list of people who use totally mismatched knobs 😤
About the two worst lists of mine to be on is the "Is he ever going to mail that to me?" or the "Threads completely derailed by Fig" lists. :ROFLMAO:
I'm programming and mailing tomorrow...hopefully.

Back