Led tubes

Dang, I thought it was gonna be an LED in a tube shape.
G26356T.jpg

Looks neat, but I'll probably stick to wire insulation or shrink-tube to keep LED legs from shorting — probably easier to adjust the amount you need than the tubes, but I'll likely order a few tubes from Tayda just to see what they're like.

I'm putting my LED's through 2x2 pieces of perfboard that I cut with clippers. -- Like a makeshift Boss LED daughterboard.

It's not ideal, but it beats soldering wire directly to the leads and heat shrinking or electrical taping it. I had all sorts of problems when I used to do that.

If @PedalPCB ever decided to make simple PCB's for offboard LED wiring, I'd buy them.

I don't have a system yet for doing leds. They have been kind of a pain for me trying to get the right length and not getting squashed and bent on the way in or out. I noticed on a pedal I have that someone used a tube of some sort to keep the led in place and then saw that tayda sold something similar.

Does anyone have experience with led tubes from tayda?

I used one to raise the height of the lamp in one of the ElectroVibe Mini prototypes.

As far as installing LEDs, I mount the LED in the enclosure before installing the PCB then solder/clip once everything is in place.

If @PedalPCB ever decided to make simple PCB's for offboard LED wiring, I'd buy them.

I've used 2x2 stripboard for offboard LEDs as well.

Among other things, I have a couple 3PDT breakout boards on the way that are designed to mount the LED beside the footswitch.

Adjustable Brightness
1650318396265.png

Fixed CLR
1650318380380.png

I used one to raise the height of the lamp in one of the ElectroVibe Mini prototypes.

As far as installing LEDs, I mount the LED in the enclosure before installing the PCB then solder/clip once everything is in place.

I've used 2x2 stripboard for offboard LEDs as well.

Among other things, I have a couple 3PDT breakout boards on the way that are designed to mount the LED beside the footswitch.

Adjustable Brightness
View attachment 25441

Fixed CLR
View attachment 25440
Very nice!

Dang, I thought it was gonna be an LED in a tube shape.
G26356T.jpg

Looks neat, but I'll probably stick to wire insulation or shrink-tube to keep LED legs from shorting — probably easier to adjust the amount you need than the tubes, but I'll likely order a few tubes from Tayda just to see what they're like.
You know those are neon bulbs, right? Takes 60V to 80V to light 'em up. They're fun to play with, but unless you're building a Fender amp you won't have much practical use for them.

I ordered a bunch of sizes of the LED tubes from Tayda, I really like them. Its dead simple to determine the right size, slide it on, and mount both sides. Saves having to add wires or use heat shrink. I only use them when the LED hole is directly above the PCB though.

Twas just a graphic representation of what I thought LED tubes would look like.

Tayda calling LED insulation a “LED TUBE” is a bit misleading; sure would like an LED that’s shaped like a tube.

Back