SOLVED Leprechaun expression jack wiring

Morgoth

Hi,

can someone please help me how to wire the epression jack to the pcb?
On the attached picture is my epression jack. It's pins are numbered from 1 to 3 and 5 (4 is a empty hole).
Thank you and best regards.
IMG_20200226_200530.jpg

Last edited:
You need to either check the datasheet for your jack to see which pin is attached to Tip, Ring, Sleeve and Switched Tip. Alternatively you can use a multimeter on continuity mode to figure this out:
Connect a TRS cable (aka. a stereo cable) to the jack. Using the multimeter find out which pin on the jack connects which part of the cable refering to the attached image. When you have found Tip, Ring and Sleeve you need to disconnect the cable. The Switched Tip pin is the one which connects to the Tip pin on the jack when there is no cable inserted.

When you have identified the pins, solder them to the pads indicated on page 4 of the build document.

Bilderesultater for trs connector tip ring sleeve1024 × 472

I got the anwser - I asked nice people from Musikding, where I bought the kit and they provided me an anwser. The pedal now works like a charm :)

Hi Morgoth!

I got the same kit with the same parts from Musikding. Klaus keeps sending me the wrong schematics. Could you please share how you soldered your expression jack?

Okey, I got this schematic from my supplier. They say that the numbers on my jack correspond to the numbers on this. So I got lugs 1, 2, 3 and (what I'm guessing is - since it's not numbered on the jack) 9. It's the same as Morgoths in the first post of this thread.

And I'm sorry, I've been trying to figure this out, but I can't read this schematic and I'm haven't found any helpful guides. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it!

Skärmavbild 2020-03-13 kl. 08.37.46.png

Nativebobcat, I've sent you a PM.
In case anybody else needs the answer I am also posting it here:
2 is the tip, 3 the awitched tip, 1 is ring. Sleeve is the lug on the front.
Thanks a lot. It's been very useful here tonight.
I also got it from Musikding, with the same TRS jack, and was going to ask Klaus as I was going nuts.
Now I have a leprechaun throwing up rainbows on my couch.
And it sounds great by the way.
🌈

Okey, I got this schematic from my supplier. They say that the numbers on my jack correspond to the numbers on this. So I got lugs 1, 2, 3 and (what I'm guessing is - since it's not numbered on the jack) 9. It's the same as Morgoths in the first post of this thread.

And I'm sorry, I've been trying to figure this out, but I can't read this schematic and I'm haven't found any helpful guides. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it!

View attachment 3437
-> https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/leprechaun-trs-jack-problem.3483/post-28653

Back