Leprechaun

I love that the model name is "Lucky" - now you need to build one called "Charms"

Then you can put them on your board and tell everyone that you have marshmallowy sweet, crunchy sounds on your board!
Unfortunately “marshmallowy sweet crunchy sounds” sounds like a good description for the part of this pedal I don’t like…

Hello everyone!
i have a question about the expression jack. I got the pcb with all the components that i will need as a kit and for the trs jack i got one as in the photo bellow with the specific diagram/schematic. There are 8 pins plus one on the side, in total 9.
So i am not sure about my connections

is that correct?
4: Tip
6: Tip Switch
8: Ring
9: Sleeve (i guess the pin 9 is the one on the side as a ground ?)

And if its correct i have to solder pins 5-6-7 together? and what about the pins 1-2-3?

I hope someone can help me! Thank you!

Attachments

• 63mm-klinkenbuchse-stereo-m-2-spdt-schaltern.jpg
    63mm-klinkenbuchse-stereo-m-2-spdt-schaltern.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 415989882_1026416608429743_6293211679139151409_n.jpg
    415989882_1026416608429743_6293211679139151409_n.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 8
Pin 9 is ground, Pin 8 is the tip, Pin 4 is the ring. Pin 6 is a switch that jumpers between 5 & 7. Pin 2 is a switch that jumpers between 1 & 3.

EDIT: I doubt that you need to do anything with pins 5, 6, 7 or 1, 2, 3, but I'd have to see the schematic to know that for sure. Since this is an expression pedal, you may need one of those switches to take the expression pedal out of the circuit when nothing is plugged in to it. The schematic should tell you this.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!
i have a question about the expression jack. I got the pcb with all the components that i will need as a kit and for the trs jack i got one as in the photo bellow with the specific diagram/schematic. There are 8 pins plus one on the side, in total 9.
So i am not sure about my connections

is that correct?
4: Tip
6: Tip Switch
8: Ring
9: Sleeve (i guess the pin 9 is the one on the side as a ground ?)

And if its correct i have to solder pins 5-6-7 together? and what about the pins 1-2-3?

I hope someone can help me! Thank you!
That's a fancy jack!

From your schematic it looks like there are both "normally open" and "normally closed" contacts for the tip and ring. The jack I used just has normally closed connections (they open when you insert the cable). I think that's a more standard arrangement. The connection for "switched tip" should be connected to the tip contact when there's no cable, and open when you put a cable in.

Like Chris said:
Pin 9 is ground, Pin 8 is the tip, Pin 4 is the ring.
So, 9 to Sleeve, 8 to tip, 4 to ring.

For "switched tip" on the PCB, I think you want either 6 or 7. You can verify with a multimeter if you can't see visually what's going on. You're looking for a pin with continuity to pin 8 with no cable, and it should go away when you put a cable in.

1707141199200.png

1707141147957.png

Back