Leprechaun

Erik S

You all know what this is - it makes that bad sound you’ve heard in the demos. I built it just so I could hate it in person I guess? It reeally wants to make that bad sound too. But if you fiddle the knobs to juuust the right spot it’ll quit it and do… other things. Weird chorusy stuff I guess?

Somewhere in the process of fighting with it and trying to hate it I ended up playing a lot of guitar through it and not having a terrible time. Weird.

5FAD08D2-7B3D-4CEA-BED7-909822D15216.jpeg
70C8A3B0-E4C2-4657-8751-9D92023BE2F5.jpeg
2F108FAF-F5FA-4F86-8CCF-219AFFEE7390.jpeg

Thanks for all those comments!
But, that wiring
that wiring
the guts!
Thanks guys!
1702216799482.jpeg

I like the EQD noise pedals.
I don't like EQD

I’m a unashamed EQD fanboy. I’ve read Chuck make valid points about weak engineering, but as far as the PPCB catalog, there’s been more EQD stuff I was interested in than from any other company. The twinkle sound of a runaway rainbow machine is still straight-up bad, but there are some cool sounds in there.

that stamp plate
Thanks!
I do etch those myself from a toner transfer. I haven’t gone down the enclosure art/graphics rabbit hole yet, but I’m proud of how those tags came out. I think it makes the pedals look a little less blank.
I’ll be making up another batch at some point this winter. I’ll try and post something about the process.

I’m a unashamed EQD fanboy. I’ve read Chuck make valid points about weak engineering, but as far as the PPCB catalog, there’s been more EQD stuff I was interested in than from any other company. The twinkle sound of a runaway rainbow machine is still straight-up bad, but there are some cool sounds in there.
EQD throws a lot of 💩 at the wall, some of it sticks for sure, They have made some well loved pedals like the Life, Plumes, and disaster transport. But then they made circuits like the rainbow machine and Arpanoid that seemed to be some sort of dare “ I bet you can’t make a guitar pedal so stupid only the synth crowd will like it.” I guess it comes down to an”eye of the beholder “ sort of deal.

EQD throws a lot of 💩 at the wall, some of it sticks for sure, They have made some well loved pedals like the Life, Plumes, and disaster transport. But then they made circuits like the rainbow machine and Arpanoid that seemed to be some sort of dare “ I bet you can’t make a guitar pedal so stupid only the synth crowd will like it.” I guess it comes down to an”eye of the beholder “ sort of deal.
Maybe filling my wishlist from forum recommendations has given me a skewed perspective on the quality of their overall catalog, but the PPCB versions of : Hizumitas, White Light, Grand Orbiter, and Warden have all gotten a lot of use on my board. Hummingbird and Levitation I also liked, I’ve just had other stuff in my reverb/ trem spots.
It does seem like they crank out a lot of stuff, and I’m sure you’re right that some of it is shit, but the fact that they’re willing to try stuff that’s weird or maybe won’t sell a million units seems like a selling point to me.

I love that the model name is "Lucky" - now you need to build one called "Charms"

Then you can put them on your board and tell everyone that you have marshmallowy sweet, crunchy sounds on your board!

Maybe filling my wishlist from forum recommendations has given me a skewed perspective
The world will always look different though someone else’s eyes, a Jazz player and Doom metal knuckle draggers will have different ideas of what they want from a dirt pedal. If that all makes sense.

Back