Life Pedal Clone (Parentheses Fuzz Mini) Tone Problem.

Bonkkkerrrsss

Hello everyone. I’m new to reading schematics. Need some help identifying the difference between these two circuits. Both of them are rat circuits. One is for the Proco Rat 2 and the other is for the EQD Life pedal (one with the octave in the schematic). I’m having problems trying to match the sound of my clone to my proco rat. Seems like my life pedal clone would sound the same as the rat only if it has 5%-10% more potentiometer sweep. Sound is almost identical when the highs are maxed out only the clone sounds a bit more bassy and has more mids and lacks the clarity or openess the proco rat has. Checked the schematics for the filter circuit and both of them are just the same. Is the difference in both of the distortion circuit that significant to cause difference in the tone sweep. Me and my friend who has an actual life pedal tested it against my proco rat 2 and it sounded exactly the same. Had a clone built for me and compared it against my rat and when the filter knob is turned all the way to the left on both pedals the clone sounds more muddier and lacks the heaviness and openess the proco rat 2 has. Any advice where I should start looking in for me to match the sound of both pedals? Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• F6FF947E-C1C4-46C7-90BF-1EDE5E63C554.jpeg
    F6FF947E-C1C4-46C7-90BF-1EDE5E63C554.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 10
  • ABB01158-EE19-4FCD-A66F-FD5C1DD0A21F.jpeg
    ABB01158-EE19-4FCD-A66F-FD5C1DD0A21F.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 11
There’s no difference in the circuits. What you’re probably hearing is differences in component values. Potentiometers can have tolerances up to +/-20%. This doesn’t matter much for voltage dividers, but when they are used as variable resistors, that can certainly have an impact.

Back