Loft Fuzz Dual Pedal Wiring

manfesto

EDIT - So I just realized that my drawing is not 100% accurate and misleading - for the right footswitch, you'll need to rotate the footswitch 90 degrees! The lugs will have to be vertical, not horizontal, for it to work as shown. My bad!

Other than that it's correct. With the lugs oriented vertically, it goes:

(Red LED Cathode) (CLR to Ground) (Green LED Cathode)

(PCB1 Input) (Main Input) (PCB2 Input)

(PCB1 Output) (Main Output) (PCB2 Output)

----------

So the Loft Fuzz is based on the EQD Spires, and the way the Spires works, it has a master on/off footswitch, and the other footswitch flips between two fuzz circuits.

Now if it were me (and I just ordered the boards, so I guess it will be lol), and I were putting these two circuits in one box, I'd wire them up independently with their own on/off switches (and then you can even stack them!), but if you want to recreate the functionality of the EQD Spires, I'm pretty sure this wiring diagram would do it (with a two-color common-anode LED, for common-cathode you'd flip 9V and ground) tempImageayqe37.png

Last edited:
Are you using a 1590BB or larger? My PCBs are on the way, and I intended to build the whole thing like the original, so I guess I’ll have to design a custom drill template.

Excited for this one! Many times I have stared at one on Reverb and somehow managed to stop myself from spending the money. Glad I didn’t!

Are you using a 1590BB or larger? My PCBs are on the way, and I intended to build the whole thing like the original, so I guess I’ll have to design a custom drill template.

Excited for this one! Many times I have stared at one on Reverb and somehow managed to stop myself from spending the money. Glad I didn’t!
Haven't put it together yet (honestly I may just wait on the red side and throw the green side together into a single, that's the one I most want!) but I'm very sure both boards will fit horizontally in a 1590BB2/BBS/BBM (I've done similar-sized duals, but I still go with BB2 or BBM for more vertical space for the jacks).

Most PedalPCB 2-knob or 3-knob projects that don't stick out past the pots on the side are 1.95" wide, and internally a 1590BB2/BBS/BBM has about 4.5" of space horizontally, so you can fit two side-by-side with some wiggle room.

They wouldn't fit vertically though, too narrow (about 3.5").

Speaking of this....

How would one wire these two in a box and have a switch that would change the order in which they ran into each other? This has been on my mind and I've never attempted to box two circuits together and do this. Any help would be appreciated!

How would one wire these two in a box and have a switch that would change the order in which they ran into each other? This has been on my mind and I've never attempted to box two circuits together and do this. Any help would be appreciated!

(also worth remembering, the original pedal didn't allow you to run one fuzz into the other, it was either-or and the second footswitch chose between them. Not sure how good or not they'd sound in series, only one way to find out!)

Last edited:
I've spent a little while sourcing parts for this build, just finished and felt like maybe trying to come up with a design for the front. I did this on my phone so it's not super accurate but thought it looked pretty cool. Still not sure on what color I would do. Maybe some clear knobs or something in this color scheme.

Attachments

• SPIRES.jpg
    SPIRES.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 6
Just finished populating both of these boards. Anyone try running these in series yet?
Also considered adding an MN taper dual pot to blend between them but wasn't sure how that might screw with the output impedance.

Back