Lot lizard log vs anti-log

PunkAsFunk

I curious if anyone who has built the lot lizard pedal has used the anit-log recommended for the big box version and why it would differ from the nano version of the pedal.

Screenshot_20230514-075602.png

Linear vs anti log.

Anti log probably gives a better taper, but linear is much more readily available, so for economic reasons they probably just went with a linear 1k pot in the nano version to save a few cents per unit— if they have a few other pedals in production that also use a B1K pot, but nothing else using a C1K pot, then it’s more cost effective for them to just keep using the same value that they’re already using in mass quantities instead of going thru the logistics of ordering and storing an entirely new inventory item in their factories

Linear vs anti log.

Anti log probably gives a better taper, but linear is much more readily available, so for economic reasons they probably just went with a linear 1k pot in the nano version to save a few cents per unit— if they have a few other pedals in production that also use a B1K pot, but nothing else using a C1K pot, then it’s more cost effective for them to just keep using the same value that they’re already using in mass quantities instead of going thru the logistics of ordering and storing an entirely new inventory item in their factories
Thanks for responding, ok yeah I have both a B1K and a C1K on hand so I'll definitely use the C1K then as per the parts list. Just thought it was a little odd. Thanks again!

I also used a C100k for the octave.
If I had one on hand I would definitely consider it. But I'll just have to stick with the B100K for this one. I might have to do a second build in the future with a C100k on the octave for comparison.

Back
Top Bottom