Lot Lizard Nano vs. Big Box Caps

Fingolfen

So I just got my Lot Lizard boards and I was looking at the schematic and have a couple of questions.

So one, it looks like what people thought was a 100nF is now a 47pF for C3/C8, but where in the diagram does C8 fall. C3 is now sharpied out on the board, so I'm assuming you either build nano (populate C3 and leave C8 out) or "big box" (populate C8 and leave C3 out).

Since C3 is in parallel with R3, if you leave it out I'm also assuming that you don't need to jumper it. Is C8 set up the same way elsewhere in the circuit?

(I know, I know... This is a lot of assumptions, and my daddy always warned me about those... but there you go...)

PedalPCB's boards come with the required values silkscreened onto the PCBs. Just follow what the PCB says.

Cheers!
I think I phrased my question badly. This isn't the "new builder" question, it's trying to understand the role of the two different build options in the circuit, especially since this is a new board, and the board has had one of the values covered with sharpie (direct from PedalPCB) because it was apparently incorrect...

Looking at the board and build document, it looks like the Nano doesn't have C3, but has C8 whereas the big box has C3, but omits C8.

Lot Lizard Questions - 01.jpg

This seemed a little odd to me because the capacitors appear to be performing different functions if you look at the schematic:

Lot Lizard Questions - 02.jpg

Looking at the schematic, it's clear you'd simply omit C3 or C8 depending on the build (and not jumper the space), but would there be an instance where you'd want both???

The nano version didn't have C3 installed.

My intentions were for the PCB to follow the nano version since that's the one I actually had in hand at the time, the values in the big box version hadn't been confirmed yet.

The two capacitors aren't related but another member here mentioned that they liked the sound better with C3 installed.

I’d say having C8 in place will do no harm and won’t change the sound a huge amount. It will most likely filter out radio frequencies.

For C3 I’d socket it and try it with and without and see what sounds best to your ears.

Back