Low Tide Envelope Problems

bobbass4k

Final parts arrived for the low tide and unfortunately its not been plug and play. The envelope/LPG part of the circuit isn't behaving, I'm only getting sound if I really dig in and then it just pushes it into momentary self oscillation. Altering the gate trimmer just changes the point at which it self oscillates?

Anybody had any similar issues before I go through it with a fine tooth comb? The 13700 and 3207 are known good and there's nothing obvious I can see...

I am possibly having a similar issue regarding the gate. I am able to produce the effect but the clamp is way to prominent. Just chillin until the schematic arrives. (y)

Values all OK, no issues with the soldering. Gonna try and follow the signal path best I can with an audio probe and see if there's any joy.

I guess I can understand the reasoning from a commercial perspective, and I knew it was risky, but without schematics the complex projects like this are just way too risky, I won't be doing it again.

Final parts arrived for the low tide and unfortunately its not been plug and play. The envelope/LPG part of the circuit isn't behaving, I'm only getting sound if I really dig in and then it just pushes it into momentary self oscillation. Altering the gate trimmer just changes the point at which it self oscillates?

Anybody had any similar issues before I go through it with a fine tooth comb? The 13700 and 3207 are known good and there's nothing obvious I can see...
Ok this might be a stupid question but where do you have the lpg knob set? All the way to the right is no filter, all the way to the left is very filtered. Also the trimmer does cause the lpg to act weird unless you have the trimmer in the sweet spot zone, which for my unit is the last 25% of the trimmer, clockwise.

Reactions: fig
Think I've tracked it to the LM258 - swapped it for half an LM324 via some flying leads and it's suddenly come to life. LPG is still behaving a little odd but I'm getting wet signal that isn't just self oscillation so I'm going on the right direction.

I'd still appreciate an ETA for the schematic, if possible.

Got a different question related to this...

The BOM calls for BAT48's, I'm about a quarter through my build and I realized that I've got BAT46's in there

Specs seem similar RE: forward voltage, but at this point in my learning journey I'd trust my ability to interpret data sheets about as far as I could...

Well, I guess "throw it" works in this scenario too.

Whatch'all think? Would a BAT46 act as a suitable substitution here?

Back