Magnetron flashing LED

Unklejudy

Two questions;

1.How much should the Magnetron LED flash? Mine just dims a little, and when the level is full doesn't turn turn off all the way. 2. Does the level only effect the Chorus? The delay on mine is uneffected the level.

Thanks

Julian

Yes - mine does that - the issue is that the blinking barely goes *off*. It's like an LED that's permanently on, and dims slightly, rather than an LED that blinks on and off.
From what you’re describing, that sounds like normal behavior to me. My magnetron delay does the same thing. The light dims and brightens with the speed but doesn’t go completely out.

Hi, I just built the Magnetron and I have the same issues
- The drill template does not have a hole for the LED2
- The LED2 stays lit when pedal is not engaged, and brightens up when you turn the speed knob

Fact : The LED1 (top one) is the POWER LED

@PedalPCB is this normal/wanted behavior ? Thank you !

I see that the original one does this... one thing is that my LED2 doesn't flash, it stays lit. Maybe the schematic could specify which led to use ! (the LEDS are not in the BOM...)

Last edited:
Mine goes completely dim (off) when the modulation level is at 0. And gets brighter as it gets turned up. It pulses along with the modulation rate.

You probably need to adjust R103 to control the light level. Depending on the type of LED you use, the stock 4K value may not be enough to tame the brightness.

Last edited:
Mine goes completely dim (off) when the modulation level is at 0. And gets brighter as it gets turned up. It pulses along with the modulation rate.

You probably need to adjust R103 to control the light level. Depending on the type of LED you use, the stock 4K value may not be enough to tame the brightness.
R103? The resistors only go up to 30 for this build.

I see multiples videos of the pedal where the LED flashes with the speed of the delay. Mine just stays solid, but dims with the depth.

It does not bother me really much, but what could be a mod for the led to stop when the pedal is disengaged ?

Thanks !

Last edited:
I see multiples videos of the pedal where the LED flashes with the speed of the delay. Mine just stays solid, but dims with the depth.

It does not bother me really much, but what could be a mod for the led to stop when the pedal is disengaged ?

Thanks !
Tie the cathode in with the led spot in the stomp switch. Ground is ground no matter where it’s soldered.

Back