SOLVED Marigold Fuzz Noise but no signal (bypass works)

grbrum

Hello, this is the first pedalpcb board I build. I was having a lot of troubles with the wiring but this is now where I can't seem to advance further

bypass is working.
when on, led turns on (picture does not show LED because It is not soldered to the board)
when on, with volume at zero, there is no sound. as I increase the volume, there is only noise (no signal though).
Both Tone and Fuzz knobs affects the noise, so it seems there is no issue in that part of the signal path.

Actions taken - melted every solder to make sure no dry solder, checked components (hopefully didnt miss anything).

substitutions to the original design:
1N270 in place of CG92H
1N4732 in place of 4V7
GT402BC in place of OC140

attached are some pictures, maybe someone can help and I will feel horrible if it is something ridiculous.
thank you all.

Attachments

• IMG_9143.jpg
    IMG_9143.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_9144.jpg
    IMG_9144.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 23
If you have any NPN silicon transistors on hand you should be able to fit one to the board and at least see if it'll pass signal. It will probably not sound great but it should at least work well enough to see if that was the only issue.

Reactions: fig
Hello everyone, I am returning here after the OC140 part arrived and I was able to continue with this project. after I replaced GT402V with the correct part OC140 the pedal is working and it sounds amazing.

So problem solved thanks to this community. Thank you for all the help. lesson learned.

OC140 is NPN
GT402V is PNP

Back