Martians Phaser (Duo Phase)

'Twasn't I. I build maybe one a year, except on commission, which I think I've only done two of.

We gotta find some stupid expensive LED to jack up the mojo and hype or something.
Maybe integrate @jhaneyzz rad marble idea into the LDR setup somehow. Something about how the molten globule of glass forms a sacred and unbreakable crystal lattice that diffracts the light on a anti-parallel tri-helical fashion around the dark matter that exists only when the bottom plate screws are tightened to an exact 4.671934 lb-in. And one of the LDRs needs to be just a literal solid chunk of unrefined cadmium
That would be the Spaceman Explorer Phaser. See the Dead End Fx Calypso for diyšŸ˜˜

Hello everyone!

So I just finished up the Duo phase, and man oh man there's a reason why its everyones favorite. Jet lag initiated.... šŸ›«
This circuit is based on the famous Mutron Bi Phase. A dual phaser that most say is the best in the world. With that kind of praise this was something i had to experience. This circuit does not disappoint in any way shape or form. As soon are you turn it on you're greeted with lush wooshes and highly tweakable swooshes ;) A must have for any pedal enthusiast! I built this as a present for my brothers Bday. He's going to love it!

So as for the build, this thing is HUGE. 15 ICs, a crap ton of resistors, caps, you name it. Get ready to have some of your component capacities strained on this one. I approached this build a little different. Usually the order in which i solder my resistors is i would just solder the next value resistor on the board. This time i completed soldering all the same values first before moving on to the next. This decreased my chances of mixing the 4k7 and 47K resistors in confusion. I would highly suggest taking your time on this one. I ran out of 220K resistors and ended up making some teepees to make up for them. I also had to improvise with the 470nf caps. The ones i have are huge for whatever reason haha

Earlier today i had to troubleshoot this guy. There was an annoying LFO tick going on when the pedal was engaged and the rate knob would only make it worse. After @DGWVI and @Betty Wont helped me with awesome suggestions i found out that having a buffer in front of it killed the tick. I decided to use a buffer board that can be purchased here at the store. I put it in the first input (b side). The ticking persisted till i tightened the rate knob with a washer and nut. I cant explain this one but it stopped and the pedal is working fine.

All in all this pedal is awesome! I will definitely make another one but this time with the mods that @DGWVI recently did to his phaser. Which would be to make the internal pots external. There is no bad setting with the trimmers. I ended up setting the B side a little slower than the A side. The result is a phaser that is crazy tweakable when using all 12 phases. 5 out of 5 for me! Highly recommended!

PS. Can we have a moment of silence for my components that didnt make it?

View attachment 42846

View attachment 42847

View attachment 42848

View attachment 42849

View attachment 42850

View attachment 42851
That looks awesome man! And it's really a freaking great tremolo, a favorite of mine (but due to size I have a Phase II on my pedalboard)

Wow, the inside looks intense and the outside looks amazing!
Thank you! I think the high parts count can be intimidating but this particular build comes with a BOM that has the quantities with it. When you look at it its just a lot of the same components. With that said i would still take my time lol

As for the outside its Tayda UV print. I think their UV prints come out premium!

Dude this is slick as hell! I love it!

This is the pedal that got me back into building, I wanted the Siamese Dream phaser. Looking at the original units and realizing I cannot afford to pay outrageous prices for gear led me to the diy option.

As everyone has stated this is THE phaser, the super lush phase that makes me melt.

I am thinking a demo is in order asap!

Dude this is slick as hell! I love it!

This is the pedal that got me back into building, I wanted the Siamese Dream phaser. Looking at the original units and realizing I cannot afford to pay outrageous prices for gear led me to the diy option.

As everyone has stated this is THE phaser, the super lush phase that makes me melt.

I am thinking a demo is in order asap!
Thank you dude!

I think you should definitely make a demo of this circuit! I would love to send this particular one to you to demo but its for my brother!

I have to agree this is THE phaser. I love everything about it! I personally like it right now to where one side is a slower than the other. You get those real big swooshes!

Thank you dude!

I think you should definitely make a demo of this circuit! I would love to send this particular one to you to demo but its for my brother!

I have to agree this is THE phaser. I love everything about it! I personally like it right now to where one side is a slower than the other. You get those real big swooshes!
I have one ready to go. Dkpedals is gearing up for a number of videos and this will be in there.

I have one ready to go. Dkpedals is gearing up for a number of videos and this will be in there.
Well Iā€™m always looking forward to your videos. Canā€™t wait for you to get into the ā€œin depthā€ part of this circuit!

Well Iā€™m always looking forward to your videos. Canā€™t wait for you to get into the ā€œin depthā€ part of this circuit!
Like you said it is a monster build but so worth the headache. I am glad you stuck it out! Iā€™ll shoot you an early edit as soon as its done.

Back