Mercurial & The Piper at the Gates of Dawn

jcpst

The mercurial is wonderful. This is the first pedal I’ve had with a semi parametric eq band. I’ve been mulling over a bunch of em, but finally picked this one up.

There’s great tones everywhere on this thing. I highly recommend getting the B10K pot with a center detent. Makes it effortless to get to 0 and hear the boost with minimal effect from the EQ.

One surprise for me was when went bass vi -> mercurial -> tube amp. Really brought that to life! Big deep piano string twangs. And then blown out low-end bliss.

IMG_1069.jpeg IMG_1070.jpeg

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, made by Moon, is a clone of the Death By Audio Interstellar Overdrive.

I ordered a few PPCB 3pdt breakouts with the brightness adjustment on the led. I think it would be a great compliment to the moon builds. But I couldn’t wait and just wired it up anyway. The distortion from it is fine, but nothing revelatory. I did like how the texture on the top of the knobs kind of matched the sand red texture paint job.

IMG_1072.jpeg
IMG_1073.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice builds!

Mercurial is one of my top 5 PPcb builds. Almost every gain setting in it has a usable setting, and makes adding both a bit of brown and some body to a strat. I run mine at 18v—as long as your caps can handle it, everything fine in the circuit, and it gets a bit more headroom, and slightly finer grain to the overload.

Back