Mirage Tremolo - Tube Tremolo Project

vigilante398

Authorized Vendor
Matchless has always been one of my favorite brands out there, so I guess it was only a matter of time before I got to this one. The Matchless Vibrobox is an all-tube tremolo/clean preamp with a vaguely Vox-ish flavor. Mirage Tremolo takes the Matchless circuit into a 1590BB enclosure, getting rid of the power transformer for an SMPS per my usual style.

The original acts as an always-on preamp with the tremolo section activated by footswitch. I've designed this to be operated either like the original or as a true bypass tremolo.

It's a pretty straightforward build if you've done any of the C2C builds before, no super weird components, or at least nothing weirder than in any of my other builds.

Anyway, check it out.

I was thinking of ordering this PCB but I have been fiddling with my Nobelium PCB's while I am waiting on parts and I can't find the DI transformer PCB at the moment.
As soon as I can order another DI PCB for the Nobelium I will order the Mirage, I might order 2 of each daughterboard just to have on hand as they might be ok to use for experimental building blocks.
I haven't used tubes since I used to repair industrial equipment that used them when I was a maintenance electrician, I never liked them back then as the equipment generated 10,000 volts to 66,000 volts for testing insulation on cables.

Back