Missing Build Docs / Schematics

That's correct, the Plaid is the standard 6-Knob (Type 1) template.

I'm hoping to have the build docs for most of the pending projects (aside from the stacked projects) done soon, I have about three more PCBs to verify then I'll be doing a doc binge. I'm going to order parts to rebuild each of the stacked projects as well soon so I can take photos of the process and assembly.

If given the choice of having the PCBs available ASAP or not having them released until the build documents were available, I think most of us would opt for having the choice of being able to order the boards and then see if we needed to wait for more information before doing the build.

If given the choice of having the PCBs available ASAP or not having them released until the build documents were available, I think most of us would opt for having the choice of being able to order the boards and then see if we needed to wait for more information before doing the build.
With the part values on the pcb, it really isn’t a problem.

If there are no mistakes on the pcb .... but what if some traces are wrong? How to troubleshoot the board? Schematics is absolutely necessary for this
Completely agree. Access to schematics are very, very important. However, things get a bit weird when it comes to clones of certain pedals. Can't always publish the schematics without getting into deep shit. Along with that, there's a lot of work that goes into publishing PCB's and the the documentation associated with each one. As such, we're not always going to get schematics right away with new PCB's. Even then, some circuits won't have any schematics released in order to avoid any legal issues. That's the risk you take though with any new PCB.

When in doubt, trace it out.

Make your own schematic based off the PCB you receive. May Bog help you if the PCB itself has errors (unlikely with PPCB and most other vendors...).

I had to trace out a couple of PCBGM PCBs that were missing build docs...
I thought about doing that, but opted against it and rolled the dice.

@PedalPCB is the drill template for the Special K available?

Would it fit in a 3-Knob Type 1 template?
It appears to me that it might if the middle LED hole was drilled out to fit the toggle.

Thanks.

And chance for a refdes for the Electrovibe Mini?

EDIT: @PedalPCB I only ask because I'm thinking of doing a prototype of the Univibe build I'm working on with the ElectroVibe Mini and I need to know a few key components and their locations to make some parts swaps.

EDIT (Again!): It looks like all the Capacitor and Resistor numbers are shared between the big E-Vibe and the Mini. It appears the Transistor numbers are different however. I'm gonna go through the next few days and identify them and make a cross reference sheet.

@Big Monk Any chance you had a chance to map the transistor numbers between the Electrovibe and Electrovibe Mini? I am prepping for a EV Mini build in the near future and referencing your extremely helpful thread and diagrams of EV mods. I'm planning on trying to implement most of the mods that are feasible/applicable to the EV Mini version.

I am also a bit stuck figuring out which transistors to swap since there's no EV Mini schematic to compare as of yet. I was trying to figure it out based on just the traces and PCB layout, but not sure I'm able to map those with confidence that way.

Last edited:
Back