Modified Cobbler Preamp

Synchrony Pedalworks

I first made the Cobbler as soon as it became available. On most days, it is my favorite pedal. I think the tone of the gain is fabulous. I find that most pedals just have one sweet spot for the gain, but this pedal is fantastic through the whole range. With that in mind, I wanted two settings for the gain. I used the 2 knob job from GuitarPCB and hooked up the gain to it. Now, I can have gain 1 on a low setting and gain 2 at full throttle! It is a fairly easy modification, but needs careful arrangement of the off board wiring.

IMG_5341.jpeg IMG_5344.jpeg

Wow @Synchrony Pedalworks how did you print that white sticker? and the paint is really great what did you use ?
Thank you
The graphics are UV printed by Tayda. In the general discussion folder for the forum, there are some good instructions on using Adobe Illustrator for these UV prints. The white badge was a template that I got with Adobe’s stock images. I did a free trial and got 10 images/templates to use for future builds.

Using Adobe has a steep learning curve and expensive, but I like it. If you have a kid, you can sign him/her up for a student account and get a cheaper rate. Fortunately, my daughter is an artist and signed up for it. 😁

Back